We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chicago Pictures From Roop of Marina City

Which Chicago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
267 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Chicago Pictures From Roop of Marina City

I visit Skyscrapercity and Skyscraperpage on a regular basis, and I just found some of the most amazing pictures taken from the roof deck of the east tower of Marina City. I've never seen these angles before, and they really show off the spectacular city of Chicago. If you're coming to visit Chicago in the near future, I'm sure these photos will get you extra excited :-). Many hotels can be spotted in these pictures.

Just copy and paste this link into your address bar: www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php…

Enjoy!

probably stuck in...
Level Contributor
330 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chicago Pictures From Roop of Marina City

Stunning! Great site. That is the first picture I have seen of the rooftop gardens at City Hall. After the latest water department scandal, you have to wonder what they grow up there with all that security and privacy!

chicago
Level Contributor
559 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chicago Pictures From Roop of Marina City

These are absolutely terrific! Thanks for sharing.

California
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chicago Pictures From Roop of Marina City

AWESOME! And that's the condo building DD picked out to live in.......... : )

Chicago
Level Contributor
267 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chicago Pictures From Roop of Marina City

I would love to live in one of those towers.

I'm not usually afraid of heights, but I'd have to say, sitting on one of those balconies, or standing against the railing, might have me a little on edge. lol

Chicago, IL
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Chicago Pictures From Roop of Marina City

I can't believe the pictures made it on here, cool! They were taken by my boyfriend when I moved into Marina City last month (June 2005). And I swear to you, the views really look like that up there at dusk. It's jaw-dropping. If you keep checking on Skyscraper City we'll eventually put up photos of the interior of the buildings, too. Glad you enjoyed them.

Chicago
Level Contributor
267 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chicago Pictures From Roop of Marina City

Hey Chicagocubmike - those were some of the best pictures I've ever seen of Chicago. I wish my camera could take pictures at dusk like that; simply amazing! I even set one of them as my background.

ky
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Chicago Pictures From Roop of Marina City

I have a friend with a condo on the 60ish floor and being up that high on the balcony is just FREAKY. The wind was amazing and when it snows, you are so high up in the cloud you can't see the IBM building across the street.

Still...the weird angled walls are hard to get used to.

Awesome pics!

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
134 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chicago Pictures From Roop of Marina City

Gorgeous photos!!!!! Can anyone go to the top of Marina City?