We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas meal in chicago

2 posts
Save Topic
Christmas meal in chicago

We have a family of 9 that will be arriving in Chicago Xmas eve--we need to make reservations for Xmas dinner but can't find out what will be open--anyone have some ideas? Thanks

Chicago
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas meal in chicago

The Drake hotel right off the Magnificant Mile has a wonderful Holiday dinner. It is our family tradition to go there on Christmas Eve day. It is an Old World buffet with all the trimmings. Some things ethnic others simply American favorites. It is priced around $35 but it is all you can eat and they do not rush you to leave. The hotel is beautifully decorated...an old classic of Chicago! Check out there website, I'm sure it will tell you more. Maybe we'll see you there!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
51 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas meal in chicago

The following link has restaurants open on xmas eve and day...

thelocaltourist.com/restaurants/restxmas.htm

The Drake, Four Seasons and Ritz speak for themselves...the Drake is well-known for its Christmas dinners.

I don't know much about the others. I think this is a fairly new site, so I would not expect that this is an exhaustive list -- I would expect that you'll find that many of the "better" restaurants (like the above) will be open. Reservations would be key.