We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 5 travelling needs suite at hotel

michigan
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Family of 5 travelling needs suite at hotel

We are in need of a hotel (embassy suites type) that can accommodate 2 adults and children. We would like 2 ddbl beds in one room and a sofa sleeper in the other room. Any suggestions (other than embassy suites)?

chicago
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Family of 5 travelling needs suite at hotel

Doubletree Suites (312.664.1100) at 198 East Delaware, which is near the John Hancock Building. Omni Suites (312.944.6664) at 676 North Michigan Ave (cross street is Huron). Better value might be Homewood Suites (312.644.2222) at 40 East Grand Avenue (near State Street).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family of 5 travelling needs suite at hotel

Are you looking for something downtown? There is the Lenox Suites on Rush gets mixed reviews, but would almost certainly have the type of room you're looking for. There's also a Residence Inn on Walton; the Courtyard on Hubbard has double bedded suites as does the Hampton Inn on Illinois St.

If you're looking for recommendations outside the downtown area, let us know.

Hope this helps you!

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
5,650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family of 5 travelling needs suite at hotel

I really liked the Residence Inn, as the room I had was quite nice, the service was good and the free breakfast in the morning was a really nice spread (well, for a hotel breakfast).

As for the Courtyard on Hubbard, I was so pleased with the service there that I called Marriott Corporate to let them know. They have room service, a really nice pool and a good set of work-out facilities. There is also a sauna and hot tub. A 7-11 is across the street for snacks.

Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family of 5 travelling needs suite at hotel

The Seneca is also nice downtown.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
805 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family of 5 travelling needs suite at hotel

We've stayed at Homewood Suites and Embassy Suites. Homewood Suites on Grand Ave. is centrally located and has a nice breakfast. We'd stay there again.