We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Standard Club Chicago

New Freedom, PA
1 post
1 review
Standard Club Chicago

Hello, we are 4 women going on our 1st trip to Chicago 10/25-28. A friend got us reservations at the Standard Club, but I can't find any information on it from people who have stayed there. Any information will be appreciated. We had originally booked the Hampton Inn in the LaSalle Theater building. Any evening "must sees' for the three nights we are there? Thanks!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
57,806 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Standard Club Chicago

http://www.stclub.org/

It's a private club that has guestrooms. I haven't slept there so I can't comment on the rooms. But I've attended events there. It's a very nice club.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
57,806 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: Standard Club Chicago

Oops - forgot about the other part of your questions.

Lot's of theater here. Chicagoplays.com for details.

Take a look at metromix.com and chicagoreader.com for other ideas. "Must sees" are different for everyone. It depends on your interests.

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,850 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Standard Club Chicago

The Standard Club is a traditional private social club. I doubt that many "outsiders" have stayed there! Let us know how it was.

Check chicagoplays.com and you can see what's on stage for your exact dates. chicagoreader.com has good reviews, as does Hedy Weiss at suntimes.com. Read the rave reviews for:

The Crucible

Cymbeline

The Sparrow

Jersey Boys

Passion

No Child

Second City's "Between Barack and a Hard Place"

You should buy tickets for weekend performances in advance.

Thursday is a great night for food and bar specials - it might be a good evening to splurge on something unusual. See metromix.com for a huge list. Some neighborhoods that are convenient to downtown are Streeterville (Mag Mile), River North, Gold Coast, Lincoln Park, Bucktown/Wicker Park, West Loop, Greektown, Little Italy (Taylor Street), Printers Row/South Loop, etc.

4. Re: Standard Club Chicago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, September 11, 2009