We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions!

2 single 30 year old girls. 1st time to Chicago. Late November. What do we do!! I don't THINK we'd be into museum's and stuff. Where is a good 'after work' for drinks crowd? Good dining spots? Anything helps!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
399 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions!

Where do I start!!!! After work in the Loop: Whisky Blue below W Hotel (my favorite) - martini, etc; trendy and packed. Castle & Elephant - English pub, packed

Hudson Club North of the Loop on Wells has packed bar. Many man wear sport jackets, young lawyer types. Food is great as well, Continental fare, pricy. I went there once. Was not my cup of tea may be because it was too far to walk there from my place, and I had great places a block away from me. However, it seemed to be very popular.

My three Gold Coast favorites: Tsunami on Dearborn and Division is a sushi restaurant. Make sure you to make a reservation for a table up-stairs. If it's dead up there, you always can walk down. This place is trendy; food is very good. Try chilled sake. On a more simply note: The Lodge is a hole in a wall on Division between State and Dearborn. Do not eat there. It gets very crowded on most nights, there is a juke box playing Sinatra, and everybody getting drunk and merry. Best to pop in around 10 or 11 pm, after dinner in Tsunami. Dublin is a pub on State and Maple. Good food there. I could easily spend a day there, coming for late lunch, and staying until closing.

I am in my thirties. I used to live in Chicago's Gold Coast area for 3 years

Mentioned in this post
The Continental
The Continental
4 Reviews
Chicago, IL
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Queensland, Australia
The Dearborn
The Dearborn
249 Reviews
Chicago, IL
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions!

For dining try Gibson's on Rush ST. for steaks, or Hugo's Frog Bar next door for Seafood. Both have happening bars with standing room only usually. Don't wait till you hit town to make a reservation. We'll also be in Chicago Thanksgiving weekend. Its a great town, can't wait!

Chicago
Level Contributor
452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions!

If you tell me what you are looking for I can definately help you out. What types of bars are you looking for besides after work hangouts? For example, Rockit is VERY popular right now.. (I agree with the other posts on Whiskey Blue and Elephant and Castle.. Tavern on Rush is always hopping, along with Whiskey (on Rush) and several other places in that area.

Regarding restaurants, how much do you want to spend, what type of food?

I also suggest looking at metromix . com, this is very useful in helping you find what your looking for.