We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chicago Hotels with great views

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Chicago Hotels with great views

Have you stayed in a downtown hotel with a terrific view? How important do you think a nice view is in comparison to other hotel features? Let us know. I wanted to start a new topic in order to assist all the readers of this forum - don't think I've ever seen this specifically addressed before, other than DVDmovie1's interesting post a few weeks ago about water views in particular. I'm interested in hearing about all the great views - thanks in advance for you input!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chicago Hotels with great views

I meant thanks for YOUR input (now why doesn't this forum give us the ability to edit a post???? Or am I missing something?)

NYC
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chicago Hotels with great views

The W Lakeshore has incredible views.

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
5,650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chicago Hotels with great views

Hotel 71 (if you get on the river side) and the Westin River North (if you're lucky enough to get one of the four rooms on each floor that face the river completely) offer terrific views.

St. Louis,MO
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chicago Hotels with great views

I know I sound like a broken record but I think the Swissotel cannot be beat when it comes to views. Triangle shaped building. One side faces the lake, other side faces the river and city. Other side faces city and Grant Park.