We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Transportation Advice

TN
11 posts
Save Topic
Need Transportation Advice

My wife and I are flying into Chicago this weekend and staying downtown at Sofitel. We are not planning on getting a rental car and will use cabs or walk to our destinations.

One night while we are there we are going to see U2 at the United Center. While I am certain we can get a cab to the show I am concerned about how to get back to the hotel after the show.

Does anyone have any advice on what should we do?

-- Should we get a rental car for this day?

--Are cabs readily available around the United Center after an event?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give us!

Jeff

Chicago
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Transportation Advice

You'll have no problem getting a cab back! They will be lined up and waiting!

chicago
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Transportation Advice

Cheapest option is the CTA's bus route # 19 (fare is $1.75 per person each way), which operates whenever there is an event at the United Center. For times, visit the CTA's website www.transitchicago.com, click on bus schedules, and choose # 19. Schedule can be printed. Bus departs from Michigan and Chicago (in front of the Ralph Lauren store), which is about a 3 block walk from the Sofitel and returns you to the same intersection.

Don't get a rental car. You'll pay more in parking between the hotel and the lot at the United Center than it costs to rent the car!!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Transportation Advice

Take a taxi. As indicated in the first response above, there will be a slew of them outside United Center.

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
148 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Transportation Advice

DarthGator,

My boyfriend and I are flying into Chicago for this Saturday's U2 concert also. We're staying downtown and we definitely plan to cab it both ways. It seems like it should be pretty easy.

TN
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Transportation Advice

Thanks everyone for the quick responses. Looking forward to a great weekend!

Jeff