We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ORD airport Economy parking for a few days.

Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
ORD airport Economy parking for a few days.

Greetings,

I think the Economy G parking rate is pretty fare around airport area. According to their suggested website:

https:/…economy.aspx

I'm not a Chicagoan and going to leave my car for few days(3~4), is it a good idea to leave it there? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

6 replies to this topic
1. Re: ORD airport Economy parking for a few days.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:06 pm, August 17, 2018

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
56,321 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ORD airport Economy parking for a few days.

It's safe.

Forest Park...
Level Contributor
376 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ORD airport Economy parking for a few days.

I always park at the Loews on River Road, with shuttle to airport. Only $6 a day and covered parking.

http://www.loewsohareparking.com/

4. Re: ORD airport Economy parking for a few days.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:36 pm, August 17, 2018

Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ORD airport Economy parking for a few days.

Thank you so much, I regret to see your excellent suggestion.

Due to I only leave for 3 days, so the fare for $10 per day is fine, but if I need to reserve a longterm parking, this definitely comes to the first consideration.

I appreciate you help.

Edited: 11:56 am, August 17, 2018
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ORD airport Economy parking for a few days.

I just get back, here is the instant experience:

I left my car in lot G at the post date above,

The leaving experience was great, easily to get into the Lot, all you need to do is to get a ticket

(don't need to pay right now,pay when you back)

#but you can also reserve a site online in case of full storage#

and find a place to let your car rest. You'd better keep your car's site in mind in case you can find it without effort and drop off the return shuttle exactly.

And there were many shuttles to take you to the terminals, like every minutes. Don't worry about the leaving, as long as you can find a site, that's all.

So far so good!

But,

The returning experience was exhausting.

Firstly, the shuttle to offsite parking's location was still in the departure area, which means you have to carry all your luggages walking or going up and down depends on wherever you arrive. And you have to ask all way long to get the right position.

Next, I've been waiting more than half hour to the offsite parking lot shuttle, you should keep it in mind and being patience.

The frequency is like, passing 10 shuttles to All terminals, 4 to the Lot E per bus to Lot G.

Then, as I said, once you get on the shuttle, because it picks you up in the departure, you have to go with it through terminal 1~5.

All the return trip from finding through waiting till riding takes me 1.3hrs.

Overall good, car is safe and quickly paying.

Edited: 12:15 pm, August 17, 2018
Reply to: ORD airport Economy parking for a few days.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted