We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

50 mins between flights enough time??

50 mins between flights enough time??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:41 pm, December 18, 2014
Fuorigrotta...
Level Contributor
289 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 50 mins between flights enough time??

i would seriously doubt it - check with your airline. if you are using partners they will have sold your tickets on the basis that you have enough time in their opinion. if you are using different carriers i don't think you have nearly enough time - as you'll need to collect your bags and start from scratch. Are you sure the Beijing flight leaves from terminal 1? I thought all international flights were terminal 5...

we just flew back from chicago o'hare to amsterdam and all the suitcases were being searched by hand after check in by a team in front of everyone. Don't think this was normal procedure but we needed a good 2 hours...boarding seemed to commence one hour before as well. Double check with the airline/s.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 50 mins between flights enough time??

I'm not sure you need to go through Customs at O'hare. Customs is in terminal 5 where international flights arrive. On O'hare's website there is a section on customs and they speak of being "precleared" before leaving Canada which would explain why you are arriving at Terminal 2. I would call your original airline and ask if your baggage will be checked through to the next flight. I would guess that it would be if you purchased through one airline. Whether 50 minutes is enough unfortunately that depends on if the first flight is on time. If it is and you don't need to worry about luggage I'm sure you can make it. They have a tram but in this case I think it would be more bother and I would walk/run to terminal 1. Hopefully someone with direct experience will respond, but I would call your airline.