We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cubs tickets 2017

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Cubs tickets 2017

My son and I wanted to go and see the Blue Jays play the Cubs for three games from August 18 to August 20. I started researching single game tickets and from what I can see they're either not available yet or the team has no plans to sell any. Apparently they have 85,000 fans on their waiting list for season tickets so I could see why perhaps every ticket available is set aside for season tickets..... Does anyone with knowledge of the team and its ticket policy have any information on this? I do see that there are plenty of tickets available from Stub Hub and similar sites but they're not cheap... to put it mildly.... Would it be better to wait and get them closer the August? I know you can sometimes get them through the concierge at the hotel but again at a premium price..... Any advice would be most appreciated! Thanks.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
6,408 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cubs tickets 2017

The cubs do release single game tickets. Last year it was on Feb 26th. They are very difficult to get as everybody is trying to get them.

You can see tickets prices on Stubhub unless the cubs have a bad year which most likely won't happen prices will stay the same or go up as more are sold via the secondary market. Any tickets provided by the concierge would probably cost more than those.

I would probably wait and try and get single game tickets if you don't look at stubhub shortly after that as people will flip the tickets they buy. If you HAVE to go to these games I wouldn't wait too long as ticket options will be minimal and the price will be very high.

B>

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cubs tickets 2017

Ok thanks a lot! So just to clarify - try to get single game tickets from the team but if unsuccessful, get them from Stub Hub or similar right away?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
55,328 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cubs tickets 2017

Yup.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37,749 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cubs tickets 2017

"try to get single game tickets from the team but if unsuccessful, get them from Stub Hub or similar right away"

Exactly!!

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cubs tickets 2017

Thanks! - will do..... Anyone know if the team releases the date the team will start selling single game tickets before they actually do so?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
55,328 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cubs tickets 2017

Yes they do. Keep checking the Cubs website.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17,444 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cubs tickets 2017

Also after they go on sale, there will be more on sale from StubHub. If you don't get them from the Cubs, there's no rush to buy from StubHub.

Also the Toronto series is going to be a popular one. To get from the Cubs, you need to be online to buy the minute they are released. Even half an hour late could mean they'll be sold out.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,735 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cubs tickets 2017

If the main purpose of the trip is to get into as many games as possible, as mentioned buying ahead on StubHub can assure you of seats (I will assume you strike out, so to speak, on the Cubs website).

Prices may drop closer to the games (like a day or so in advance), maybe not that much to make it worth the gamble. Also from time to time, there are cut rate Groupons for rooftop games (again probably only days in advance). While not in the ballpark, a rooftop can be a fun experience, though the new-ish video boards have blocked views from some rooftops. If your son is under 21, the rooftop might not be appropriate (the all inclusive prices for food and drink tend to make people over-imbibe).

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cubs tickets 2017

Thanks again! I did hear back from a spokesperson with the Cubs. Apparently, they'll make an announcement sometime in February that single game tickets will go on sale later that month or early March. I'll wait although I strongly suspect there will be very strong demand from Jays fans for tickets to see the Jays play in an iconic ballpark against a team they don't usually see on a regular basis.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cubs tickets 2017

I just bought 2 tickets from StubHub for a June game and it said the ticket won't be available for printing until the day before the game! Just FYI. Yes you can buy them right away, you just can't print or have them right away.