We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

out of the box wedding reception in champaign-urbana area

Which Champaign hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mahomet, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
out of the box wedding reception in champaign-urbana area

We are lookiing for a unique place to hold a wedding reception for approximately 225 people. We would like to have it in the Champain-Urbana area or nearby. Any suggestions? It will be next August or September 2011.

Illinois
Level Contributor
72 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: out of the box wedding reception in champaign-urbana area

Not sure what you mean by "out of the box". Allerton Park is near Champaign - I've never been there but heard lots about it. You could check it out at allerton.illinois.edu and see if it is what you have in mind. There are also some parks nearby that maybe rent shelters, such as Lake Of The Woods which is just west of Champaign, or about 30 minutes east of Champaign is Kickapoo state Park. Otherwise, there are various hotels that rent ballrooms and such.

Catlin, Illinois
Level Contributor
834 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: out of the box wedding reception in champaign-urbana area

Hi weddingbroker,

I have seen people setting up for weddings in the Sunken Garden at Allerton. It is a very nice place and should acomodate 225. More information on weddings at Allerton at: http://allerton.illinois.edu/weddings.html

Kickapoo is nice, but they no longer reserve shelters. More information at: …state.il.us/lands/…kickapoo.htm

And it has been too long since I was at Lake of the Woods to coment.

Outdoor weddings are nice, but if you can, have it in September when it is cooler. Everyone attending the wedding will thank you.

Illinois
Level Contributor
72 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: out of the box wedding reception in champaign-urbana area

I just remembered hearing of a wedding reception that was held in the new luxury suites at Memorial Stadium last fall. I'm sure it either is quite expensive, or that you have to have some connections, but maybe worth looking into.

4. Re: out of the box wedding reception in champaign-urbana area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 21, 2010