We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip visit from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv

East sussex
Level Contributor
48 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip visit from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv

I want to do a day trip to Tel Aviv from Jerusalem on a Sunday in August, apart from going to the beach and sun bathing wat else can I squize IN and which is the best beach for a day visit by bus

Edited: 7:12 am, May 24, 2013
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
822 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip visit from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv

On your other thread I suggested the Dan bus ride which is open top with continuous commentary on the history and development of Tel Aviv. You will see beautiful tree lined boulevards, the Bauhaus Buildings which are an Unesco site, the homes of various famous people, Old Jaffa, Tall white building which IMHO put New York to shame (sorry rgdlady but come on you must admit those tall white round, square and oblong buildings are spectacular!!!) and the wonderful seafront promenade. For your limited time I think this is an excellent introduction. Another option would be walk along the promenade to Old Jaffa.

I am no expert and I will let the Tel Avivians tell you which is the best beach but if you look at a map of Tel Aviv it is a long thin city build along the coast. I thought the beaches all looked wonderful.

East sussex
Level Contributor
48 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip visit from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv

Thank you soooo much, your info is so helpful will surely do the open top Tour bus......the DAN bus but is is the same bus all the way from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv....I will probably get a taxi to that bus station because the directions you gave me don't sound easy.

Thank u

england
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip visit from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv

Its an Egged bus from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv (and return).

You may be best getting the 480 which leaves every 15 minutes from Jerusalem Central Bus Station to the Arlozoroff Bus Station in North Tel Aviv, as its not far then to the Port where you catch the Dan City Tour Bus (100).

When you finish the Dan City Tour Bus, you are only 5 mins walk from the beach (although this stretches a long way north to south) - all of the beaches looked nice. Plenty of cafes as well. Also, opposite the bus stop for the Dan City Tour bus are some toilets. (as you'll be needing to drink plenty of water in that August heat).

england
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip visit from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv

Its an Egged bus from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv (and return).

You may be best getting the 480 which leaves every 15 minutes from Jerusalem Central Bus Station to the Arlozoroff Bus Station in North Tel Aviv, as its not far then to the Port where you catch the Dan City Tour Bus (100).

When you finish the Dan City Tour Bus, you are only 5 mins walk from the beach (although this stretches a long way north to south) - all of the beaches looked nice. Plenty of cafes as well. Also, opposite the bus stop for the Dan City Tour bus are some toilets. (as you'll be needing to drink plenty of water in that August heat).

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,145 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip visit from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv

Don't worry about the names of the companies operating the various buses. They really don't have any significance as far as you, the average passenger, are concerned. Since the 480 goes so frequently - every 10 to 15 minutes - you don't need a timetable. Just turn up and get on the next one. Buy your ticket on the bus (or sometimes there is a ticket seller sitting where you get on the bus; you don't need to queue up at the ticket window).

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,350 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip visit from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv

For the Egged 480 bus, ask for a round trip ticket. Instead of 18NIS each way it is 30.60 or 30.40 ( I forget) round trip! IF the driver doesn't know the word round trip, just motion back and forth ( you know, hand up, one finger waving back and forth)

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
822 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip visit from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv

Spaghetti, you do not need a taxi. Follow Suffaluff's advice. When you arrive in Tel Aviv get a bus to 'The Port' I don't know the bus number but hopefully Shuffaluff or someone from Tel Aviv will come on board and give you the number. The bus may be a standard bus or a mini bus - look for the number.

I would recommend that you do the full tour Port to Port and then go to the beach. The full 2 hour tour is cheaper than using the bus as a HOHO and as you have so little time you would get lost using it as HOHO. I am not familiar with the beach at the Port area but from what I saw there were lots of cafes and beach umbrellas so I assume it is OK. The advantage of going from the station to the port and back again is that you will know the number of the bus - same number that brought you there.

I hope I am not confusing you but this really is not difficult and there is no need for taxis. Standard intercity fare is 6.60 NIS under £2 each.

Shuffaluff and the TA Experts will help you with bus numbers.

Ask

Enjoy your trip

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,145 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip visit from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv

Helers means that the bus fare WITHIN A CITY is NIS 6.60. Intercity is from one city to another. OK, a simple typo, but it doesn't hurt to get it straightened out!

To find the bus that goes to the port, when you get off the bus walk up to the street called Al Parashat Drachim (you walk away from the railway station, towards a big grassy park). I don't have time now - it's nearly Shabbat (see other thread!) - to look up exactly where the bus stop is. There is a map on the (Hebrew) website of the bus company. If nobody does it in the meantime, I'll do it for you tomorrow evening.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,350 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trip visit from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv

The bus stop is right off of Namir--it is the third of fourth bus shelter.

10. Re: Day trip visit from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tel Aviv District