We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Super 8

Bedford, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Super 8

I'm staying at the super8 soon. I wanted to know if anyone has stayed there, is it in a good area, is it a nice? I have looked at the pictures but you never know if it's the real pictures.

15 replies to this topic
pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,760 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Super 8

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g35712-d266198-…

It's a blue collar area that's a mix of good and bad. There are plenty of well kept homes, but also an expressway a huge train yard and industrial buildings nearby. There's also a nature preserve to the southwest. It's very close to Toyota Park.

How are you getting around Chicago? You would need a car at this location. See the "Parking is Expensive!" FAQ on the right, and consider taking the Orange Line train from Midway airport into the city.

Edited: 7:35 pm, July 08, 2015
Bedford, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Super 8

I rented a car. Just wanted to make sure is a safe place, and nice. We want our first trip to Chicago to be good.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
3,410 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: Super 8

If you're in town to see the sights of downtown Chicago it is much much better to stay in downtown Chicago.

If you go to the Chicago section of the TA forum (on a real computer or tablet), at the top right there are frequently asked and answered questions.

One of the questions "dates to avoid" is important as hotel room prices can double or triple if there is a big event or convention in town. Also depending on how many people you are with you can often times get a discounted hotel using one of the consolidator sites.

The last thing you need in Chicago is a car figure 40 to 100 dollars a day for parking and hours in traffic commuting between downtown and that hotel.

Edited: 9:59 pm, July 08, 2015
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
18,287 posts
137 reviews
4. Re: Super 8

Bad plan. Renting a car at $45 per day and driving into the City means another $40 to,$70 per day parking costs. If you are staying way out at Bridgeport at the Super 8 it must be to get a low cost motel. That's a false economy. Save your car rental cost plus parking cost and up your hotel budget to stay downtown. You don't need a car in the city. For your first trip to Chicago you should stay in Chicago. Don't commute to your vacation.

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,760 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: Super 8

You can buy a CTA 7-day pass for $28 apiece. That will get you all over the city on trains and buses with no parking, gas or rental fees. Add the savings to your hotel budget.

Reconsider your hotel choice. If you would like help picking a hotel, let us know your dates of travel and budget range.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
6,610 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Super 8

If you want your trip to be good, don't stay there. Renting a car will make it even worse.

B.

Bedford, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Super 8

Is the hotel bad?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
18,287 posts
137 reviews
8. Re: Super 8

It's a Super 8. Although Super 8s are bare bones accommodations. It's not that the hotel is bad it is that your whole plan to stay out there and rent a car is bad.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
56,914 posts
67 reviews
9. Re: Super 8

Click on the TA review (blue link in reply #1) and decide for yourself.

Bedford, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Super 8

Ok I'm going to cancel the car. Have to keep the hotel....my job paid for it. It looks nice, it is what it is right. We're just sleeping there don't need all the bells and whistles. Thank you so much

Reply to: Super 8
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bridgeview
Recent Conversations