We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 night honeymoon in July. What's a good itinerary ?

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
7 night honeymoon in July. What's a good itinerary ?

Hello!

My fiancé and I are arriving in St. John's on a Monday, leaving the following Monday. With only seven days where do I NEED to go and see. It is our honeymoon so I'm willing to spend a little extra. We will be renting a car. I'm also not sure how long it takes to drive from attraction to attraction.

Thanks for your ideas!

J

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,661 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 night honeymoon in July. What's a good itinerary ?

To best advise you, it would be helpful to know what kinds of things you are interested in. Do you like historic attractions? hiking? whale or bird watching?

However, flying into St. Johhn's with only one week, you would probably need to concentrate on the East and North east coasts. There are lots of places that can be seen as a day trip from St. John's. Here is a recent thread on the topic

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154964-i755-k71270…

You might also consider a one or two night trip to the Bonavista/Trinity area. It's a good place to see whales, puffins and maybe even an iceberg, but other things to do as well. Whales and puffins can also be seen if you do a boat tour out of Bay Bulls or Witless Bay near St. John's.

Hope this is a start for your planning.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 night honeymoon in July. What's a good itinerary ?

Be sure to visit Dildo, no visit to Nfld for a honeymoon would be complete without one.....winery tours at Rodrigues' in Whitbourne would also be great if you like wine...

Gros Morne National...
Level Contributor
536 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 night honeymoon in July. What's a good itinerary ?

stop in Cupids and Hearts Content.... you just gotta on your honeymoon :)

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,661 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 night honeymoon in July. What's a good itinerary ?

Don't forget Heart's Delight and Hearts Desire. And of course, Paradise!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
357 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 night honeymoon in July. What's a good itinerary ?

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit silly to suggest destinations based purely on their "romantic" names? There are plenty of things in Newfoundland that are interesting for more reasons than a fun name. I'm not saying Little Heart's Ease is not cute and all, but if you have limited time, do you make a trip out of just visiting a place with a cute name tag?

Must admit, the original poster does not give a lot to work with, in terms of the time of the year or the activities they both enjoy doing. I'd have to say, there is nothing everyone NEEDS to go and see, not in Newfoundland, not anywhere. The trick to a great trip is to figure out what you personally would enjoy and go explore that. It's liberating to realize that you don't always have to visit the #1 attractions, you just have to do some research and listen to your own desires.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 night honeymoon in July. What's a good itinerary ?

Well, Dildo is fun and and all, you can get a picture with Captain Dildo....that's worth the price of admission alone, but yeah, if you are want to do the winery tour as I suggested in Whitbourne, then I would say Dildo is worth the side trip.....otherwise, by itself, it is not....

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,661 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 night honeymoon in July. What's a good itinerary ?

To just go to Dildo is not particularly eventful, but the Baccalieu Trail (Route 80) is certainly a great day trip from St. John's. You can stop at the Hearts Content Cable Museum and at the Wooden Boat Museum in Winterton. Some beautiful scenery along the coast, especially around the Bay de Verde, Caplin Cove area.

Gander NL
Level Contributor
991 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 night honeymoon in July. What's a good itinerary ?

Yes, rather than a picture with a fake mascot, a night at the George House B and B, a heritage home would be a better way to spend time in Dildo. Sending postcards home from Hearts Delight and Hearts Content is fun too though. The Baccalieu trail is a great idea. Visit Grates Cove. There's a nice B and B called Sophia's in Carboneer that is a beautiful heritage building too. The ferryland lighthouse picnic needs to be booked in advance if you decide to go that direction.

Gander NL
Level Contributor
991 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 7 night honeymoon in July. What's a good itinerary ?

icebergs in Grates Cove with whales would be fun. We had whales Canada day last year when we were there.

10. Re: 7 night honeymoon in July. What's a good itinerary ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 24, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Newfoundland