We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Francois

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Francois

I'll be traveling to NL with my brother (81) in September. I'm 71. He particularly wants to re-visit Francois, a place he sailed to with the Cabot flotilla in 1997. The NL tourist bureau tells me we'll have to camp overnight, as there are no official accommodations. Well, I don't see us carrying gear and camping and I was wondering if anyone knows of any b&b's or rental cottages there. In checking the ferry schedule, I see that one can't get out of Francois until the following morning at 7:30, so we can't do a day trip. We'd be coming from Burgeo, and I do have the links to the schedules for times and rates.

Thanks.

Sheena

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Francois

Accommodation was fine. We stayed with the Lushmans (also mentioned in these posts) and they were kind and helpful. We had all meals there as expected, and the food was ample and good--typical fare of Jigg's dinner, fried fish, bacon and eggs etc. The rooms were adequate though crowded with personal items and a bit musty. I personally was not comfortable sharing the bathroom with everyone (all four adults). Still, we slept and ate well, and the trip was amazing for its view into another time and way of life.

Another tip for staying in this kind of place is that there were no ATMs, and we had to pay cash for the stay--we were prepared to do so fortunately.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
763 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Francois

Good bits of information, thanks!

13. Re: Francois

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 24, 2014