We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoshone Falls Park,

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
Temecula, California
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Shoshone Falls Park,

I am thinking of driving up to Twin Falls in mid February. I want to drive up to Shoshone Falls and was wondering if the drive is up a mountain or if anything special such as snow chains would be required in that month?

Never been to Idaho before so I would love to do it just curious about weather and if Shoshone Falls is up a mountain or anything like that.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Shoshone Falls
Shoshone Falls
1,369 Reviews
Twin Falls, ID
Idaho
Idaho
United States
3 replies to this topic
Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
798 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shoshone Falls Park,

Nathan, we've had a cold winter so far with temperatures around zero, which makes even our main streets icy. Shoshone Falls is in a deep, wide canyon with a narrow two lane road leading down, which can be icy and treacherous in the winter. There's still a chance of snow in mid-February. What route are you thinking of taking to get up here? I ask because I usually go through Ely, Nevada and I've been caught in whiteout snowstorms in that area in the middle of March. My dad lives in Rainbow, just up the road from you, so I've driven that route a lot.

You could send me a message closer to your travel time and I could let you know how the road to Shoshone Falls is at that time.

Yours,

Pug

Mentioned in this post
Shoshone Falls
Shoshone Falls
1,369 Reviews
Twin Falls, ID
Nevada
Nevada
United States
Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
798 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shoshone Falls Park,

PS, there are a lot of videos on YouTube of Shoshone Falls, though I couldn't find any of the road leading down. You'll be seeing just a little water going over in February. If you come in May, there'll be a lot more.

Mentioned in this post
Shoshone Falls
Shoshone Falls
1,369 Reviews
Twin Falls, ID
Temecula, California
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shoshone Falls Park,

Thanks Idaho Pug.

I would be coming up the 93 so yea I would be going through Ely, Nevada. It's more of a trip out of convenience so I wasn't going to be booking hotel or anything until the week leading up to the trip in mid February. I will definitely contact before to see how the weather is. Thanks a lot.

I really would not like to be caught in a white out so I will be watching the weather on the roads and the road conditions.

Mentioned in this post
Nevada
Nevada
United States
Reply to: Shoshone Falls Park,
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted