We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Twin Falls on a tight schedule

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
Which Twin Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
10 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do in Twin Falls on a tight schedule

Will be driving through Twin Falls the beginning of August and was wondering what sights might we see while there. We have two sons, 13 and 10. On a tight schedule, so I only have half a day to explore. Was wondering if Shoshone Falls is still flowing nice at this time. Also, a good restaurant we might visit. Thanks in advance for any replies!

11 replies to this topic
idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,551 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in Twin Falls on a tight schedule

where are you coming from and where are you going? then i can give some help.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
10 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in Twin Falls on a tight schedule

Hi, charley48. Coming from Las Vegas and going to Kennewick Washington.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,551 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in Twin Falls on a tight schedule

so you will be on the freeway 84?? i would suggest, to stop in boise, as there is much more to do, and way cooler...sorry pug and others, don't get mad, but there are great places to eat, float the river, ect...enjoy our wonderful state.

Idaho
Level Contributor
507 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in Twin Falls on a tight schedule
Idaho Division of Tourism What's this?

Shoshone Falls currently has a pretty flow..usually in July it is at minimum flow but because of the snow pack in the Tetons...we have water!

The park is beautiful...also, Dierke's Lake is next to Shoshone Falls...great for swimming!

If it is a beautiful day...base jumpers at the Perrine Memorial Bridge! WOW your kids would love that !

Take a scenic boat ride to Pillar Falls from Centennial Park by Idaho Guide Service 734-4998 the trip is approximately an hour long.

Pryor Paddle Boat Rentals at Centennial Park ....rent a canoe or kayak and paddle under the Perrine Bridge..FUN! 732-8937

Herrett Center - Great museum and planetarium on the College of Southern Idaho Campus.

If you are in town on August 3 they are having Hot August Bite 5 pm - 9 pm

Food Vendors/Chamber Raffle/Kids Events at the Twin Falls City Park.

Food - Elevation 486 - 737-0486 - is right on the Snake River Canyon Rim - What a view

Content provided by the Idaho Division of Tourism: visitidaho.org
Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
784 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do in Twin Falls on a tight schedule

Wellll if you DO decide to stop in Twin Falls, the Herrett Center is a fun place to go with kids. There's a small museum with a live reptile display, fossil displays, art displays, and a planetarium. Website is http://herrett.csi.edu/ A trip to Centennial Park is fun, where you can view the Perrine bridge from below and watch the BASE jumpers. I second the boat trip if it's running the day you're here. As for a restaurant, the locally-owned River Rock Grill is close to the bridge and has a good menu. Elevation 486, also locally owned, is right on the canyon rim but I haven't been there yet so I can't recommend the food.

I wouldn't worry about the heat... you're from the Vegas area, after all!

Pug

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
10 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do in Twin Falls on a tight schedule

Thanks, guys, for all your helpful ideas. When I mentioned base jumping, the kids' eyes got wide! That might be the ticket! Looking forward to visiting Twin Falls!

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do in Twin Falls on a tight schedule

I also would like to visit Shoshone Falls. How will it be in mid September?

Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
784 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to do in Twin Falls on a tight schedule

Melly, there should be some water going over, since a lot of the irrigation is finished by that time. I think it's worth the trip down into the canyon even in the dryest time to see the rock formations and the nice historic displays.

Have a great trip,

Pug

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,551 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Things to do in Twin Falls on a tight schedule

i am curious about the base jumpers...is that legal?? we saw a few of them, when leaving twin the other day, and wondered about it.

Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
784 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Things to do in Twin Falls on a tight schedule

Yes, the Perrine Bridge is the only place in the US that it's legal to jump 365 days a year. People come from all over the world! Check YouTube for videos of jumps.

Reply to: Things to do in Twin Falls on a tight schedule
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted