We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun Valley Lodge Brunch

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
Which Sun Valley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Meridian, ID
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Sun Valley Lodge Brunch

My husband and I are going to stay at the Lodge in October of this year and I would like to know if anyone has had the Sunday Brunch. Is it worth it and is there anywhere else recommended?

Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
768 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun Valley Lodge Brunch

I haven't had the brunch, but every meal I've eaten at the Lodge has been fantastic.

Charley will be able to give you better advice, until I make it up for the brunch at the Lodge!

Pug

Sun Valley, ID
Level Contributor
51 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun Valley Lodge Brunch

Hi...I've had the brunch at the Lodge many times and I definitely recommend it. The Lodge is such a beautiful setting, and the food is incredible-crepe and omelet stations, carving stations, desert tables, seafood, traditional breakfast offerings, etc-there really is something for everyone. The service is excellent, and the price is reasonable-around $25 per adult, which is a great value when you see all they have to offer. Its a must-do in Sun Valley to treat yourself! Another place I would recommend for a breakfast/brunch meal is The Kneadery in downtown Ketchum-cozy cabin feel with large portions. Looking forward to having you in town!

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,387 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun Valley Lodge Brunch

sorry pug and weavesmom, was in houston eating BBQ!!

The lodge is the place to go. Not only is the food wonderful, service impecable, but the view of the mountain just can't be beat. there is a piano player, and a view of the ice rink , as well. just remember, dont' plan on doing much afterwards...tooo full. enjoy

Meridian, ID
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun Valley Lodge Brunch

thank you all for your reviews of the Brunch at Sun Valley Lodge. Because it is our Anniversary we will definitely have to make that part of our plans.

Idaho
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sun Valley Lodge Brunch

My husband and I, along with our three year old son, visit the Sun Valley lodge regularly and we love brunch. That is half the reason we go. The atmosphere is just incredible. It is one of my favorite ways to spend a Sunday morning. The food is delicious. There are large selections of fruits, breads, cheeses, seafood, meats, and pastries along with an omelet and crepe station. Last time we went the hostess offered to take my son to meet the chef. They are very attentive to every customer!

On a non-brunch day there are also several other great breakfast spots in Ketchum including the Kneadery, the Rustic Moose and my personal favorite Christina's Restaurant (great for lunch as well).

If you are looking for a great steak, try the Pioneer Saloon. The steaks are well seasoned and expertly prepared. My hubby loves the rib eye and I think the prime rib is awesome. If arriving later in the evening, avoid the artichoke they can be overdone (my three year old still likes them though). They also have great daily specials.

Enjoy!

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,387 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sun Valley Lodge Brunch

luv2travelmamma,

how did you find us??where do you live in idaho?? enjoy

Idaho
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sun Valley Lodge Brunch

charley48,

Hello there. I grew up in Idaho Falls and currently am loving life in small town Blackfoot. My family and I have been heading to Sun Valley since I was old enough to ski and my love for the area has only grown. All of my immediate family has moved south so my husband, son, and I spend most major holiday's at the Inn or Lodge. It's our favorite so what if we are not with you vacation destination.

Idaho
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sun Valley Lodge Brunch

Oh maybe you meant how did I find the forum not Sun Valley! Ha ha. I am always looking around to see what people have to say about the area and finally decided to comment about my favorite thing.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,387 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sun Valley Lodge Brunch

that was it traveling mama, i always wonder how the first time posters find the forum. it has been so long for me, i have no idea. i know where blackfoot is, and i am really living in ketchum!!!

10. Re: Sun Valley Lodge Brunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:39 am, December 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sun Valley