We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurant in Sun Valley/Ketchum

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Best Restaurant in Sun Valley/Ketchum

My father and grandfather will be going to Sun Valley in February, and for their x-mas gift, I was thinking of getting them a gift certificate to the best restaurant in town....

Any suggestions? I would love a place that uses local ingredients, or is just a step or two above the other restaurants.

Thanks!!

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,981 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurant in Sun Valley/Ketchum

what kind of food do they like. i am a snob and the only place that always has good food, i think, is rick shaw. they use fresh thai ingrediences and so flavor ful. asian food, small plates ,(so we get tooo many, but oh, well) and just love the place.

we are on kauai right now, and the local produce is so good, mouth watering...

there are some upscale resturants in town, but i find the food iffy and prices too high to be iffy.

a great place for lunch is cristinas, always good food.

Sun Valley, ID
Level Contributor
51 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurant in Sun Valley/Ketchum

It really depends on what type of food/ambiance they are looking for, but I would recommend Vintage-its in this great little cabin in downtown Ketchum and serves local, unique foods with a rotating menu.

The Sun Valley Lodge Dining Room at the Sun Valley Resort gives a very upscale experience...terrific service. Sunday Brunch there is really the best.

And Riccabona's is on the fancy side as well-small menu, but wonderful traditional American foods.

I hope they have a great time in Sun Valley!

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,981 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurant in Sun Valley/Ketchum

ah;, forgot about vintage...great food always...lodge dining room , i would only go there for brunch and i hate to say it, the other one mentioned by sunvalleygirl, i have found oh, so expensive and dinner was ok, but that is only what i thought.

vintage always has inovative food and great atmosphere.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,981 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurant in Sun Valley/Ketchum

ps, didn't mean to be disagreeable about the ldr, just my preference...

Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
794 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurant in Sun Valley/Ketchum

Another suggestion would be a certificate for a sleigh ride and dinner at the Trail Creek Cabin. I did this last year and had a wonderful time. The meal was good and the sleigh ride was magical, with the foxes playing in the snow and the moonlight shining through the trees.

I wouldn't call it the "best food in town" but ohhhh, the atmosphere... :)

Pug

6. Re: Best Restaurant in Sun Valley/Ketchum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 14, 2009