We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking Distance to town from hotel?

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
philadelphia
Level Contributor
122 posts
186 reviews
Save Topic
Walking Distance to town from hotel?

We will be staying at the Mountain Village Resort before our rafting trip. We do not have a car. Is it possible to walk into town from the Mountain Village Resort?

10 replies to this topic
idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,032 posts
459 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking Distance to town from hotel?

town is about 2 seconds aways...how are you getting to stanley?? nothing is more than 5 minutes away..

philadelphia
Level Contributor
122 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking Distance to town from hotel?

Thanks for such a quick response. We will be coming in from Boise via McCall Aviation. How far is the airport in Stanley from the main part of town? Are there cabs or shuttles?

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,032 posts
459 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking Distance to town from hotel?

well, i am sure that you can arrange that at the airport, or i could call for you. it is just down the hill and across the street. depends on the luggage. can you ask mcall aviation? if it were me, i would walk.

Edited: 10:50 am, March 09, 2012
philadelphia
Level Contributor
122 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking Distance to town from hotel?

Thanks for all the information. Really looking forward to our trip.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,032 posts
459 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking Distance to town from hotel?

i would call the place where you are staying and ask them to pick you up. it is s very, very , very small town, and the folks there are so nice. it would be no problem, i am sure. and the walk, nothing. you can see the hotel from the airport, so you won't get lost!!

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,032 posts
459 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking Distance to town from hotel?

ps don't forget dinner at the sawtooth hotel, and the stanley bakery for breakfast and lunch. they are owned by the same young people, that are so nice. they refurbished the old hotel, and the views are to kill for. it was hard to find decent food in stanley, and they have hit home runs with there food. we drive 1 hour just to go for breakfast and dinner, stanley is our fave place. have fun.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
122 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking Distance to town from hotel?

I really appreciate all the good info (especially the food part). It is always great to get advice from someone who knows the area and people. Thanks again :>)

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,032 posts
459 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking Distance to town from hotel?

write us after your trip...want to know if your breath was taken away!!!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
39 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walking Distance to town from hotel?

you can arrange a pick up through the mtn village. There are not any cabs in Stanley and few shuttle services. Once at the MV hotel everything is an easy walk without any elevation gain. The Bakery and the Hotel are great. Make sure to check out Peaks and Perks for a quick cup of coffee and riverwear for any last minute equipment. Enjoy the Rio!

philadelphia
Level Contributor
122 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Walking Distance to town from hotel?

Thanks for the all the information. Really getting excited about this upcoming adventure in August.

Reply to: Walking Distance to town from hotel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stanley