We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report by a 14 Yr Old (Stanley Is Epic)

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
Baltimore, Maryland
1 post
Save Topic
Trip Report by a 14 Yr Old (Stanley Is Epic)

So, about 1 year and a month ago, I went to Stanley, Idaho, along with a number of other places in Idaho, as part of a road trip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Washington, Oregon.

This was one of the best life experiences as a fourteen year old I had. I had developed a deep love for landscape and geology before this trip, and my family surprised me by putting Stanley in the itinerary, somewhere I always wanted to go

So i come back a year later, thinking about Stanley at least once everyday, and today thought i'd let you in on my experiences in Stanley.

**IF you don't go here, you haven't lived life yet**

The way the mountains jut up from the valley (and i know every little peak and lake in the Sawtooths like the back of my head),it's heaven on earth. We came to Stanley after spending a night at Boise, and then Swinging Bridge in Banks. As we got closer to Stanley, after going through amazing river canyons along the Payette and ID-21, you started to see very snowy peaks (and it snows in june, by the way, as this town has the most days on average below 32 Degrees in the country), and when the valley opens up, your heart stops. The snow reflects brighter then the gems scattered all over the jagged peaks, and, oh, the jagged peaks..

We ate at the Redde Resturaunt, Now called Redde Square, and the food was, in my opinion, the best we had in all 6 states, and Portland has some darn good food. After that, we drove to Redfish Lake, but ended up seeing "Mountain View Campground", and knew that was our calling. So we stayed on Little Redfish Lake overnight. Let me tell you something:

I could not stop looking at those mountains. Even at 11pm I'd set out on the lake imagining what I had just seen hours ago, and imagining the peas reflecting on the lake.

In the morning, we made a very nice breakfast at the campsite, and then headed out to the actual redfish lake, and you couldn't find a darn campsite. So sadly, we set out to Ketchum on ID-75 (Beautiful Ride)

I promised myself I will do myself a service by coming back to Stanley MANY MANY MANY times, and explore the Sawtooths for weeks on end, climbing the peaks, swimming in the many lakes

Guys, go to Stanley. IF you are planning an Idaho Trip, make it the last thing you do. Because after all the beautiful canyons, hills, forests, lakes, skies, sunsets, vistas, rivers, streams, and springs you'll see in Idaho, THIS will top it all off.

Stanley is the best thing that can happen to you :)

Haha and yes I do have a little bit of an obsession with Stanley, and Idaho, but it isn't crazy, it's just what mountains do to you

So im making them in Minecraft

2 replies to this topic
idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,567 posts
529 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report by a 14 Yr Old (Stanley Is Epic)

Very nice report...and most of us here in Ketchum, feel the same way!!! WE drive up to Stanley for breakfast....love me some Stanley Idaho!!!

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
394 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report by a 14 Yr Old (Stanley Is Epic)

Thanks for the great report. Two_4

Reply to: Trip Report by a 14 Yr Old (Stanley Is Epic)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted