We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fires

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
san diego
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Fires

We are heading to Ketchum on the 21st of August with plans to head up to Sranley and over to Salmon berfore going to Montana. What's the fire risk?

Idaho
Level Contributor
229 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Fires

You can also check the mountain express newspaper online. Today's edition has a good article. Some outfitters are cancelling floats for the season. www.mountainexpress.com.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,068 posts
489 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Fires

except, they don't up date..trying now to find out.

Pickens, South...
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Fires

Charley -- We talked to a very nice man at the Stanley C of C on Friday afternoon. He was friendly and helpful and just the kind of person you would want representing Stanley. We did not get his name. He seemed so positive about the state of affairs regarding the fires and smoke but we have just read too much to the contrary.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,068 posts
489 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Fires

don't know who the NICE man is..ha ha, but my friends that own the river company in sunbeam are all evacuated...the husband is the ONLY person up there. my head hurts from the smoke..

we left and went to boise, and was almost as bad there. the fire west of us..enclosure is out, i think..just got home, and the stanley fire is growing 10, 000 acres a day, i heard. won't be out till it snows on it.

we just got a drip of rain, but that brings lightening , as well...i will send the website to check from my friend.

darn, we would love you guys to come here, but this is bad.

san diego
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Fires

So we are just going to head north from Boise to McCall and on up to Leiwston then over to Montana. How is this looking? We will be arriving Tuesday. I know we travelers are anxious, but I do want to thank you for your updates and we are praying for the folks who have lost homes and businesses.

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,068 posts
489 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Fires

today we can see the sky...we did ;have a drop of rain last night. haven't had time to find out about the fires...

Pickens, South...
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Fires

My group of guys have finally decided not to come to Stanley this year. Thanks so much for all the updates and help with this terrible situation. Maybe next year things will work out for them because everyone was so excited to come to this area.

I have asked another question on the Stanley forum (probably not the best place to post it now that I think about it) about avoiding any other fires/smoke that I don't know about. I'm trying to route them from Boise to Helena to salvage the fishing trip. Please take a look at that forum if you have some information.

Special thanks to Charley and msbasil. Hope things take a turn for the better!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Fires

McCall has been fabulous. We're leaving tomorrow after 5 days here. Smoke not an issue . Sky is a little hazy and clears in the afternoon. We stayed at the RV Resort as we are in our 45' Motorhome. Enjoy. Loved Lake Payette...water is perfect temp.

29. Re: Fires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, June 22, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Ketchum