We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay Ketchum or Hailey

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
California
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay Ketchum or Hailey

I need advice on either staying at the Best Western Kenwood in Ketchum or the The Ellsworth estate in Hailey. My boyfriend and I will be staying for two nights over the 4th of July, plan on doing things in both towns...check out Sun Valley/shop ketchum/ Pioneer Saloon for dinner and drive to the Mont in Hailey for show, next day rodeo and firworks in Hailey...Which Inn is nicer?

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,873 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay Ketchum or Hailey

I am a bit confused, DRIVE TO THE MONT in Hailey for the show..what "show"...WHat Mont??? The Best Western in Ketchum would be my pick...the Ellsworth is nice, but even tho the drive is 11 miles, Ketchum is where IT is happening. The Pioneer, who told you that??I have many more ideas for a wonderful dinner. The pioneer is the only place left in the world that serves Iceberg lettuce, with the next patron 1 inch next to you . Tell us more of what you are interested in. This valley has lots more to offer , the Pio, gee, i have been here for 30+ years, and have gone there 10 times, when forced...enjoy

California
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay Ketchum or Hailey

Thanks for your reply and tips...Sorry for the confusion, I'll be spending two days in the Ketchum area over the 4th of July. The "Mint" is what I meant in Hailey. We are going to see Bruce Willis Blues Band there. We are spending the day at Sun Valley, check out the resort, check out the town of ketchum, shop - ned a recommend for casual lunch...I heard that pioneer was a good old fashioned steakhouse, need recommend for dinner, then we are driving to Hailey for the evening as mentioned. On the 4th during the day, don't know what to do...we are gooing to the Hailey Rodeo at 6:00p and then we thought we would just stay in Hailey for the fireworks that evening....If you have any suggestions for us, we aren't terribly adventureous, but love the mountains and scenery...Not quite sure what to do on the 4th during the day. Any good restaurants in Hailey? We like casual good food, not stuffy.

3. Re: Where to stay Ketchum or Hailey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, September 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ketchum