We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garden Valley

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
Tacoma
2 posts
Save Topic
Garden Valley

We are renting a cabin - we are asking for activity suggestions

3 replies to this topic
Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
784 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garden Valley

You might enjoy a ride on the Thunder Mountain Line, which is a scenic train ride which starts in Horseshoe Bend. Check them out at www.thundermountainline.com I have not ridden it yet but my sweetie's a train buff so it's only a matter of time!

Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
784 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garden Valley

There is also a company which offers float trips on the Payette River: idahowhitewaterunltd.com/trips/gvalley.htm

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
37 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garden Valley

I hope I haven't missed you yet--when are you going to be renting the cabin, and whereabouts is it? What are your interests--biking, hiking, etc? The Starlight Mountain Theatre Company is in GV, and gets rave reviews for its productions, though I've never been to one. There are a lot of hot springs in the area, and you could do a Google search to find a good one to soak in. Huckleberries will be coming in to season very soon, and you can drive up onto the national forest (I'd go up the Middle Fork of the Payette River road about 10 miles north of Crouch) and try to gain a little elevation, or maybe turn up the Scriver Creek road which turns off of the Middle Fork and drive another 5 miles to get up into the NF, and you should see some patches along the creek at dispersed campsites.

Reply to: Garden Valley
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Garden Valley
Recent Conversations