We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking near The Tetons

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
Taylorsville Utah
1 post
Save Topic
Hiking near The Tetons

This may be a rather "off the wall" question and topic...but

this coming July, my wife and I are planning a trip to Teton Valley, Jackson and Yellowstone.

I have been there a number of times, having grown up in St.Anthony Idaho, however my wife never has.

One of the things that she is most interested in is doing a lot of hiking while there. I'm not familiar with hiking place around the Driggs/Tetonia/Jackson area, plus the fact that we would like to find others willing to accompany us and show us where to go. Any suggestions?

Kyle D. Smith

Taylorsville, Utah

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking near The Tetons

Years ago, when I lived in Idaho Falls, I knew several people who had hiked to Table Mountain from a trailhead along the road to Grand Targhee resort. Not sure how long a hike it it; probably overnight if you go all the way. I think you can see Table Mountain from the chair lift at Grand Targhee -- this might be interesting to do before or after a hike. Folks at the ski (and summer) resort might be able to give you info.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
687 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking near The Tetons

I've heard Alaska Basin is awesome.

Get answers to your questions about Driggs