We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coeur d'Alene - Kalispell - Canada road trip must-see?

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
7 posts
Save Topic
Coeur d'Alene - Kalispell - Canada road trip must-see?

Hi, I'm flying into Missoula this weekend to meet a lady I'd like to impress and we're taking 3-4 days to explore the area and ending back at Flathead Lake. We're both excited to see Coeur d'Alene and Sandpoint. I'm the type that would love to pack a bag and hike into the mountains for a few days but I think she is a bit more of the appreciate-the-scenery-but-have-running-water type. From looking at the map, I'm hopeful to spend time in your area, then possibly loop into some of the nearby ski resort towns in Canada that I've always wanted to visit before heading down to Kalispell.

Looking for any tips on can't-miss places...a great hike, a viewpoint for a picnic, a local swimming hole or a back road that takes the scenic way between towns. That, and if I can't talk her into camping - any unique AirBnB type rentals?

Hope that's not too broad. I love the west, landscape photography, and all things with unique local flavor. Any thoughts appreciated!

Shelby, North...
Level Contributor
11 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coeur d'Alene - Kalispell - Canada road trip must-see?

Hi Ben- we are looking at some of the same ideas for June 2017 travel by dual sport moto from couer d"Alene to banff then Vancouver . Do you have any suggestions ?

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
24,535 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coeur d'Alene - Kalispell - Canada road trip must-see?

tracim67, you might want to post your question on the Road Trips forum. You should indicate how long you plan to take and what part of June. Early June differs from Late June in the Mountains.

https:/…ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Trips.html

Shelby, North...
Level Contributor
11 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coeur d'Alene - Kalispell - Canada road trip must-see?

Thank you. I will repost it there.

4. Re: Coeur d'Alene - Kalispell - Canada road trip must-see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, June 30, 2018