We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in the Coeur d'alene Sandpoint area

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
Alberta
Level Contributor
687 posts
77 reviews
Shopping in the Coeur d'alene Sandpoint area

Can anyone add to the list of stores for clothes and houseware type shopping? The ones I remember: Wal-Mart, Kohl's, TJ Maxx, Ross Target, Costco, Bed Bath & Beyond, Macy's, JCP, Sear's.

Thanks.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: Shopping in the Coeur d'alene Sandpoint area

cdar, for shopping you need to go to Spokane tons of stores there. Coeur d'alene and Sandpoint are small towns so not that many places though Coeur d'Alene does have some nice shops.

Collie

Edited: 10:16 pm, May 09, 2012
Alberta
Level Contributor
687 posts
77 reviews
2. Re: Shopping in the Coeur d'alene Sandpoint area

You are making this tough Collie, I do get to Spokane to shop a couple of times a year. I am going with a friend who lives close to the border in British Columbia, we'll be travelling in her car, she is not as keen to drive far or in a bigger city. We are staying in Sandpoint and I truly do not think we'll get any further than Coeur d'Alene.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: Shopping in the Coeur d'alene Sandpoint area

cdar, sorry about that, lol.

Would she go as far as the Spokane Valley Mall it's easier to get to and less traffic then trying to get around Coeur d'Alene, just a thought.

www.spokanevalleymall.com

www.spokanevalley.org

Collie

Alberta
Level Contributor
687 posts
77 reviews
4. Re: Shopping in the Coeur d'alene Sandpoint area

Good point Collie. The Valley Mall is quite easy to get to and we'll have two to two and a half days. I suspect one day in Sandpoint and Coeur d'Alene will exhaust our shopping choices! Any construction on the highway between Coeur d'Alene and the Valley Mall?

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: Shopping in the Coeur d'alene Sandpoint area

cdar, I90 is fine from the state line into the mall, I read there is construction going on in Couer d'Alene itself but you may not have to be where that's going on.

Did you happen to look at the malls directory on their web-site it has a lot of stores and free parking, for me that's always a plus. I don't like plugging meters or paying for parking if I don't have to.

Collie

Alberta
Level Contributor
687 posts
77 reviews
6. Re: Shopping in the Coeur d'alene Sandpoint area

Collie, I may know the Spokane Valley Mall better than ones at home! LOL. Its my favorite mall in Spokane; I like that I can park by Sears and walk over to TJ and the Rack etc. The huge Kohl's and Wal-Mart are easy enough too, then there's Fred's. Oh, I shall be scheming to get there now.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: Shopping in the Coeur d'alene Sandpoint area

cdar, good for you thata girl. Hopefully you can talk your friend into it.

Let me know what happened.

Collie

5 posts
8. Re: Shopping in the Coeur d'alene Sandpoint area

There is some construction on Hwy 95 between Sandpoint and CDA, but the interruptions are not too bad. Be sure to stop in to Gourmet Way in Hayden - cool houseware items there, Decor Amor in CDA just on Govt Way along the east side of CDA's Silver Lake Mall and The Kitchen Engine in Spokane at The Flour Mill shopping/stores downtown. Have fun!!

Alberta
Level Contributor
687 posts
77 reviews
9. Re: Shopping in the Coeur d'alene Sandpoint area

WHaught - thanks for the ideas. We won't get to the Flour Mill area, but I will add that to my list for next time. Haven't been in that area for years. There always seems to be construction on Hwy 95. I think they were still working on the bridge by Sandpoint last time I was there.

Collie - I'll let you know how the trip went, we're going at the end of this month.

I have yet to find an interesting place between Sandpoint and the border for lunch, any suggestions would be appreciated.

N Idaho
Level Contributor
136 posts
13 reviews
10. Re: Shopping in the Coeur d'alene Sandpoint area

For lunch I would suggest Trinity at City Beach, by the Edgewater hotel or the Secret Thai Cafe behind Bank of America on 2nd street, or Jalapenos. I've heard good things about Sweet Lous on Hwy 95. For shopping you have to at least stroll along 1st avenue in Sandpoint, and check out Cold Water Creek, esp the Wine Bar, I think they have lunch also??