We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weekend in Coeur D'Alene for a couple, no kids

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
Which Coeur d'Alene hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
7 posts
Save Topic
weekend in Coeur D'Alene for a couple, no kids

Hello - My husband and I are planning to visit Coeur D'alene. I wanted to know if there's enough to do for a couple in their late 20's, no kids. Is this a fun place to go in summer?

Thanks!

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
Level Contributor
10,403 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weekend in Coeur D'Alene for a couple, no kids

NWtravellor, that depends on what you like to do....night life, lakes, hiking, scenery and so forth, just give us a little more info.

Collie

Seattle, Washington
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weekend in Coeur D'Alene for a couple, no kids

Water sports, scenery, hiking are all things we like. If we could rent a small high speed boat and drive around, that'd be great too. How is the water park? Is it more for kids?

thanks for the prompt response Collie!

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Spokane, Chelan
Level Contributor
10,403 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weekend in Coeur D'Alene for a couple, no kids

NW, others on the Coeur d'Alene forum will weigh in with their ideas.

Here is a boat rental co.

www.hagadonemarine.com

www.vacationsportsrental.com

www.fyinorthidaho.com

www.coeurdalene.org/coeurdalenelake.htm

Just a couple for you to check out before others wieght in.

Collie

Edited: 11:06 pm, August 02, 2011
Idaho
Level Contributor
481 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weekend in Coeur D'Alene for a couple, no kids
Idaho Division of Tourism What's this?

Here is a link to Coeur d'Alene attractions to browse through. There are several opportunities for you to enjoy based on your interests.

www.visitidaho.org/attractions/results/…

Also, the events listing for Coeur d'Alene. I don't know what month you are planning to visit so I could not narrow it down. www.visitidaho.org/events/results/…

colliegirl gave you some good suggestions as well.

Content provided by the Idaho Division of Tourism: visitidaho.org
Edited: 10:18 am, August 03, 2011
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
58 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weekend in Coeur D'Alene for a couple, no kids

As a long time resident of Coeur d'Alene I am confident that you will find plenty to do here since you enjoy outdoor activities.

Might I suggest...along with spending a day on the lake..renting a bicycle from one of the local bike shops (Terra Sports-downtown Coeur d'alene-right next door to the Coeur d'Alene Paddle Board rental shop or Vertical Earth in the Riverstone area), or if you are thinking of staying at a Bed and Breakfast I believe the McFarland Inn http://www.mcfarlandinn.com/ has bikes available for their guests and they are located right downtown. There are so many trails in town to enjoy that could also double as a hiking adventure :)

6. Re: weekend in Coeur D'Alene for a couple, no kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, October 07, 2012