We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blanchard, ID early Sept

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
Winchester VA
Level Contributor
38 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Blanchard, ID early Sept

My wife and I have an opportunity to be at this location in early Sept 11. We would like to take in Glacier National Park? Is this an iffy time of the year with the possibility of snow in Glacier National Park? Also, we would like to go on to Yellowstone at the same time. Is this a good time of the year to be there, or would you pick another time? Your comment will be appreciated.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blanchard, ID early Sept

Hi, I'd post that question on the Montana forums if you haven't already done so, the locals there might help you.

Good luck

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,754 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blanchard, ID early Sept

there is a possibility of snow at any time in the northern rockies!!

i would just plan on going to both parks if you can fit them both in...so nice and you will never forget the beauty...enjoy

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,548 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blanchard, ID early Sept

If you are coming to Glacier then this area of Idaho would not be good as a base for Glacier. You should make reservations either in the park or in one of the towns close to the west or east entrance. Towns that are close to the west entrance are Columbia Falls, Whitefish and Kalispell.

4. Re: Blanchard, ID early Sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 02, 2011