We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do in the spring in coeur d'Alene

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
Which Coeur d'Alene hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington
2 posts
Save Topic
what to do in the spring in coeur d'Alene

Thinking of taking the kids for a getaway in the spring. Is it really cold in late march, early april? We like the outdoors, hiking and biking. But I don't want to be outside in 20-30 degree weather for too long. What is there to do???

Coeur D'alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
579 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to do in the spring in coeur d'Alene

So far this winter has been much warmer than normal and hopefully that will carry over into spring, but in general, the high temperature for late March, early April is around 55 with a low of around 38. I doubt there will be snow on the ground, but it's definitely possible in late March.

As far as stuff to do -- hiking Tubbs Hill is fun and is located in the city center so you can finish the hike and be in town to wander the shops and cafes just in case it's a little chilly.

You can also bike the Centennial Trail -- roads should be free of ice by then and it's a fun, challenging trail.

Here's a link to some outdoor activities:

www.fyinorthidaho.com/north_idaho_recreation

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to do in the spring in coeur d'Alene

Good advice above plus you can take a quick drive into Spokane for lot of other things for the kids if they get bored around Coeur d'Alene.

Washington
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: what to do in the spring in coeur d'Alene

Thanks for the suggestions above...How far is Spokane and what is there to do there with kids? (they are all under 12)

Edited: 1:05 am, February 12, 2010
Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to do in the spring in coeur d'Alene

Spokane is about 30 to 35 minutes from Coeur d'Alene, take I90 all the way into town and take the kids to Riverfront park it's right in the middle of town and it borders the river on each side. It has a full size carouse a gondola that goes across the river and the falls, quite fun. there are many rides for the kids, a little train that takes people around the park ducks to feed and a large red wagon, I mean big with a slide on the end. Food, a metal goat that eats the trash and more.their are parking lots around, I would park in the lot on Post street it's only $3 for the day. Plan on a few hours if you go. It's relaxing so you wouldn't get burnt out to fast.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what to do in the spring in coeur d'Alene

sungurl, I just had a thought in late March the rain and gondola might not be operating yet it really depends on the weather when they start but there is still plenty to do.

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
3,052 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what to do in the spring in coeur d'Alene

Gondolla is already running

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
228 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what to do in the spring in coeur d'Alene

Regarding Spokane, thought I'd add that you can no longer feed the ducks (they were getting too fat to fly! lol).

Also, the wagon is the largest Radio Flyer wagon in the world.

Riverfront Park is truly awesome, and seeing the falls is truly a sight to see (the Spokane River runs through the city).

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: what to do in the spring in coeur d'Alene

If I have not already missed your trip over, here are some fun things we do with our sub-12 year olds in our family:

1. Triple Play in Coeur d'Alene - fantastic indoor waterpark, arcade, go karts, bowling alley, etc. They are attached to the Holiday Inn Express in Hayden. Nice people, too!.

2. Fast Kart in Spokane - indoor FAST go karts that are pretty close to a shifter cart.

3. Mobius - pretty cool museum in the lower level of Riverpark Square in Spokane. Mostly 10 years old and under type of hands-on experiments and such.

4. Laser Quest - Spokane. Indoor laser tag, multiple stories in the building, very cool. Don't wear white (even the toes of my old school Converse tennies gave me away). They are attached to Wild Walls, an indoor climbing wall that is great for my sons!

Have a great trip!

9. Re: what to do in the spring in coeur d'Alene

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 29, 2010