We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Reunion Location near Coeur d’ Alene

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8 posts
52 reviews
Family Reunion Location near Coeur d’ Alene

We are seeking a location to host a family Reunion July of 2020 for 100+ people.

If anyone knows of a place near or on Lake Coeur d’ Alene I would greatly appreciate the info.

11 replies to this topic
Coeur d Alene, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Coeur d'Alene
Level Contributor
455 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: Family Reunion Location near Coeur d’ Alene

Couple of questions on your post. Looking for outside or inside venue? Price range? How far from city of Coeur d' Alene willing to travel - 5 miles, 25 miles?

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Family Reunion Location near Coeur d’ Alene

Thanks for the reply.

I should have specified more clearly. We are looking for a venue that includes housing and meals (beakfast and dinner at least) for 4 nights - 5 days. Monday - Friday. July 13-17 or the 20-24 of 2020.

Distance from town would be better if it were close 5-10 but we would not be against venturing outward.

Coeur d Alene, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Coeur d'Alene
Level Contributor
455 posts
53 reviews
3. Re: Family Reunion Location near Coeur d’ Alene

Based on what your are looking for the obvious recommendation would be the Coeur d' Alene Resort, probably the only venue large enough to accommodate the size of your group and what services you are looking for. The same company operates the Best Western Plus Coeur d'Alene Inn which also could accommodate you. Those two facilities could work with you as a "group" and potentially save you some money. There are several other large national hotel operators in Coeur d' Alene but many of them do not have food service on their property. Another possibility would be some of the Church/Group Camps along the lake, an example would be the Ross Point Baptist Camp on the Spokane River at Post Falls (web site:http://rosspoint.org/) which has lodging, food services and meeting facilities that can be reserved by the public. If you were just looking for a large meeting place there are a number of public facilities that could accommodate you such as some of the Idaho State Parks group picnic areas located in the Coeur d' Alene area or the city of Coeur d' Alene group sites in the city parks. The problem you are going to run into is July is high point of tourist season and also group camping, so demand for facilities and cost will be high. Its a good thing you are started early on the process.

Coeur d Alene, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Coeur d'Alene
Level Contributor
455 posts
53 reviews
4. Re: Family Reunion Location near Coeur d’ Alene

Just thought of another church camp near Coeur d' Alene - Camp MiVoden on Hayden Lake. web site: http://mivoden.com/

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8 posts
52 reviews
5. Re: Family Reunion Location near Coeur d’ Alene

I appreciate the feedback. We have been looking in to the church/camp option and will be contacting Ross Point as well as Lutherhaven. I was thinking along the same lines as you as far as contacting the resort as well. It’s always tough finding a place big enough for us all but this Reunion will mark the 50th year and we are excited to find a location. I vacationed in Coeur D Alene last summer and absolutiey loved it and hope to share the experience with my whole family. Thanks again

Coeur d Alene, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Coeur d'Alene
Level Contributor
455 posts
53 reviews
6. Re: Family Reunion Location near Coeur d’ Alene

Glad you enjoyed Coeur d' Alene. Lutherhaven is a great option, they have both the lake camp option and a beautiful camp location on the Coeur d' Alene River which is reachable by an excellent paved road from Interstate 90 about 45 miles east of Coeur d' Alene.

Hayden Lake, ID
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Family Reunion Location near Coeur d’ Alene

I know Mivoden doesn't host groups in the summer. They are packed with summer camps. Fall is beautiful there.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8 posts
52 reviews
8. Re: Family Reunion Location near Coeur d’ Alene

Thank you for the input Karen. We are locked in for summer though. With everyone coming from all over the US and many family members with kids in school summer works best for us.

Any other suggestions are welcome. I was looking up by priest lake as well but that may be to far from the airport to be feasible.

Hayden Lake, ID
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Family Reunion Location near Coeur d’ Alene

There is a camp on CDA Lake called N-Sid-Sen http://n-sid-sen.org/ They host groups in the summer.

Hayden Lake, ID
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Family Reunion Location near Coeur d’ Alene

Priest Lake has 2 places I'd recommend. Hills Resort or Elkins Resort.

https://www.hillsresort.com/ https://www.elkinsresort.com/

Priest Lake is worth the drive. It's gorgeous.

Reply to: Family Reunion Location near Coeur d’ Alene
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted