We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yellowstone and idaho itinerary

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
Athens, TN
9 posts
Save Topic
yellowstone and idaho itinerary

we will have a few extra days on tail end of yellowstone trip, Salt Lake City, Jackson Hole, Yellowstone, back through Idaho Falls and would like to explore Idaho before going back to Salt Lake City. Any suggestions for scenic itinerary 2 days?Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: yellowstone and idaho itinerary

Head up to Jackson via Evanston then following the ID/WY/UT border. Head out of the park via West Yellowstone and head to Sun Valley area. Visit Arco, ID (first nuclear reactor museum), Craters of the Moon then Sun Valley. From there you can do sidetrips in the area including up to Stanley on the Salmon River.

You can exit down to Twin Falls and follow I-84/15 back to Salt Lake. Antelope Island near Salt Lake might also be a nice finishing excursion.

Have fun.

Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
794 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: yellowstone and idaho itinerary

I hope I'm not chiming in too late on this thread, but Tumbleweed has suggested a good itinerary. I definitely second the suggestion of Stanley and the Sawtooths.

Pug

Athens, TN
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: yellowstone and idaho itinerary

As a pug owner for 13 yrs. I appreciate your screen name! Thanks for the suggestion!

Reply to: yellowstone and idaho itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bonners Ferry
More Bonners Ferry Topics