We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some light fun

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Some light fun

I am in Boise for the next 2 nights. As tired as I am after doing business, I am looking to get the hell out of the hotel and do something. Something fun, but light =)

What would you recommend? I am thinking good food with a drink or three. (No burgers). May be walk around and see some pretty buildings and prettier ladies. At least just walk around and check out the city. Is there even a downtown here? Thank you in advance!

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,566 posts
529 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some light fun

YEs, the downtown is wonderful..why not burger..Juniper on 8th street has grass fed burgers, and fabulous food. Great atmosphere, brick walls, and fun drinks. That area of 8th street has lots for you..Fork Alavita, Red Feather and Brew Pub..all in one block. I love that area...Try it and let us know.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Some light fun

Cause I eat awesome burgers all too often. I had Indian. Very nice. It was just too hot to walk around. More humid than LA, but I really enjoyed it. May be my company will eventually make me an offer to move here. So freaking cheap to rent a huge house for the same price we are renting a small apartment in LA =)

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,566 posts
529 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some light fun

Yes, and a really healthy atmosphere!! Did you walk in the area of the Indian food, how was it...CAn't find any worth eating in Boise for me..would love to find a new one.

next time, try the Basque, i hear its good, and not much of that in LA!!

Edited: 10:09 am, June 08, 2016
idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,566 posts
529 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Some light fun

i forgot to say..you should have googled Juniper..they only have one burger, and it is not a burger joint..i am a chef, and the food is off the charts...google the menu..next time...

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
411 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Some light fun

Have you tried Madhuban for Indian food? I love the lunch buffet.

http://www.madhubanindiancuisine.com/

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,566 posts
529 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Some light fun

Jerry, did you read the OP post?? They were here and GONE early June...Lets keep this current...

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
411 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Some light fun

charley48 ~ sorry I offended you with the timing of my remark, but I was actually responding to you when you said "Indian food, how was it...CAn't find any worth eating in Boise for me..."

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,566 posts
529 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Some light fun

No worries, Jerry...

Send me a PM next time..Great to keep the posts current, don't you agree?? We tried Bacon today and LOVED it..will go again.

9. Re: Some light fun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 03, 2017