We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boise area Christmas stores

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
21,123 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Boise area Christmas stores

Hey! I'm driving my SIL down soon for a conference and wondered if there are any Christmas stores? We love going to Spokane to Mel's Garden Center to see their trees decorated with neat themes with interesting ornaments so wondered if there was something in the Boise area we shouldn't miss.

Thanks!

Pam

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,982 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boise area Christmas stores

pam,

i goggled it and came up with some random places. CAll the Chamber and i am sure they will be of some assistance. I go all the time, and can't think of a place, but the Chamber (maybe our friends there! ha ha) will know.

have fun..try the newish Italian restaurant, Alavita..you know. i am a total food snob and am really hard to please. WE LOVED IT.. across the street from Anthropoligie

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,982 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boise area Christmas stores

Also, call Edwards Green house and they may have some ideas.

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,123 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boise area Christmas stores

Thanks Charley! Yep I got kind of random hits as well with a search. My SIL will ask the local folks at her conference. The restaurant looks great! I know you are way fussier about food than I. SIL used to like Red Feather but I read her your last review so I think we will skip. I would rather go to your new rec.

Thanks!

Pam

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,982 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boise area Christmas stores

Honestly, we go to Barbacoa for 1/2 off happy hour martinits, then to dinner. We have tried a few new ones, and soooo disappointed,, but that is the luck with me. I am sorry for that. I really loved the concept and delivery. Hope that it is as good the next time. Red Feather has gone down hill. Everyone that i know, doesn't go there anymore. So sad, we just loved that place , (hence the reviews!!).

Have fun and let me know. Each to his own, and hope that you have the same experience!!

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,067 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boise area Christmas stores

Hi

the Botanical garden by the old Pen is really lit up nice for Chistmass huge light display really gets you into the Xmass spirit small entry fee then park and walk thru usually has a good crowd every night.

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,123 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boise area Christmas stores

Thanks Sawadeeka, we will check that out.

Pam

idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,982 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boise area Christmas stores

come to Ketchum, we have one here!!

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,123 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boise area Christmas stores

LOL Charley! Sorry but SILs meeting is in Boise. Ate at ALaVita last night. SIL loved hers. Unfortunately for me it is not a vegan-friendly menu. Server was excellent as was atmosphere and the wine!

Pam

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
75 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boise area Christmas stores

Check out www.theurbanliasion.com--I just found a copy of the companion magazine, and there is a lot of advertising from smaller shops you may otherwise miss. If you can possibly get to the Botanical Garden at night, it's worth braving the cold--really spectacular displays.

Don't rule out Eagle and Meridian when you're doing a search.

Cathy

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
75 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boise area Christmas stores

One more--if you're driving through McCall, there is a great Christmas store on the south part of town--the Christmas House. Definitely worth a visit.