We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boise State Game this Friday - Questions

In cooperation with: Idaho Division of Tourism
Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Boise State Game this Friday - Questions

We are driving out this weekend 4 hours to attend the football game. We are all in our forties. I was surprised to learn they were a dry campus.

What does that mean for us and drinking beer or bloody marys if we wanted to tailgate - Is it overlooked on game day or really enforced?

Probably dumb question, but I assume this means no beer is sold inside during the game - correct?

Does the stadium have any internal areas to get out of the rain if it should start?

Can you suggest a bar or grill that would be a good place to grab a meal ahead of the game around the stadium? Family friendly as we have one toddler w/us that will need a high chair.

What is the parking situation like? Does it come w/our ticket or is it extra? We are staying at the Safari Hotel.

Thanks - much appreciated.

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,145 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boise State Game this Friday - Questions

HI

Parking is a nightmare LOL

Unless you have a season tickets or a BAA member

best to park downtown and take free shuttle to stadium only 5 dollars to park downtown if you show ticket to game.

Here is a link

downtownboise.org/m_events/bronco_shuttle.cfm

walk downtown from your hotel I think about 8 blocks to closet shuttle stop.

there are many restuarants downtown. Boise is a very family friendly town.

there will be lots of drinking at tailgate partys in parking lots next to stadium

but it will be hard for you to find any space to tailgate as most parking is assigned and the tailgaters start showing up very early. being this is a friday night game they will probably empty the lots from the student parking around 12

or 1 then let in the tailgaters.

Boise has an open container law which means you can't have an open drink on sidewalks or in cars

there is not much covered area at stadium to get out of rain

wear rain gear orange if you have it they are asking all fans to wear orange this week.

If it was me I would eat downtown take the shuttle to and from game and miss all the BS with trying to park and eat near stadium.

what ever you do have a great time and enjoy the game and Boise

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boise State Game this Friday - Questions

Thanks - the shuttle makes the most sense and is only a few blocks from where we are staying.

3. Re: Boise State Game this Friday - Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:28 am, May 18, 2011