We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis Inn--good or bad?

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
194 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantis Inn--good or bad?

We're considered staying at the Atlantis Inn. It looks like a fun place to stay, but is it near the beach?

Thanks for any information or advice!

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis Inn--good or bad?

I'm not familiar with the address. I "think" it is in the older section around 15th-16th-17th street. In fact, I am pretty sure it is. If it is, and you go during the height of the season, it could be a little crowded and noisy. But that's true almost anywhere on the main section of the beach. And that's part of the fun for a beach vacation. Since it's on the beach side of Butler Ave. It would be a short walk to the beach on a paved street.

However, if you are planning on a Fall or Spring vacation, it could be convienient and less crowded. The Web site looks as if the rooms are interesting.

Come and enjoy!!

Roseville, Michigan
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis Inn--good or bad?

I just got back from Tybee and saw the Atlantis Inn. The biggest drawback to that hotel is that it is located right next to LOTS of construction. They are putting up condos in every square available inch between the main Highway (ithink it's Butler Ave) and the water, their pool is across the street. It did look very quaint. I don't know where to tell you to stay, but I would avoid the Ocean Plaza (was a dump 2 years ago). We stayed at Howard Johnson's which I would say was ok at best.

Columbia SC
Level Contributor
3 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis Inn--good or bad?

We stayed at Atlantis Inn this past weekend. I highly recommend it. It is one block away from the beach. The owners have put a lot of attention into detail I thought - from wonderful gourmet coffee in the rooms to detailed decour specific to each room's theme to soft towels to a terrific DVD library. We stayed in the "Gone With The Wind" room, which I did not think was over done. I also peeked at a few others, all of which looked tastefully done - difficult to do sometimes with theme rooms.

It is true that Atlantis is in the midst of the "downtown" area of Tybee. Sure was convenient to shopping, dining, entertainment and close to Chu's for emergency shopping. The coffee shop next door was also a bonus, as was the pool (ture that it is across the street, but still very convenient - you would walk this far, or maybe further, at any resort you might stay at).

Overall, we would recommend Atlantis Inn - it was a great place to stay

4. Re: Atlantis Inn--good or bad?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island