We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dutton-Waller Cottage - Mermaid Cottages

Ann Arbor, MI
1 post
Save Topic
Dutton-Waller Cottage - Mermaid Cottages

We just returned home from a trip to Tybee Island where we stayed at one of the beautiful properties managed by Mermaid Cottages. The historic Dutton-Waller Cottage was in a great location on a quiet street along the “back river” and a short walk to Tybee shops and restaurants. The large historical home was very clean, wonderfully decorated, comfortable and had everything we needed, including central air, Internet, Wi-Fi, and cable TV. The four bedroom/3 bathroom house has plenty of room to spread out and relax, including a wrap-around porch where we enjoyed sitting in the morning breeze.

Our stay on Tybee included time at the beach, breakfast at The Breakfast Club restaurant (get there early to avoid the line), Tybee Pier and Pavilion, The Irritable Pelican Art Gallery (beautiful and unique art by local artists), and the Sundae Cafe (for a fantastic dinner).

We highly recommend Mermaid Cottages.

Mentioned in this post
Tybee Island
Tybee Island
Georgia Coast, GA
The Breakfast Club
The Breakfast Club
1,395 Reviews
Tybee Island, GA
Tybee Pier
Tybee Pier
111 Reviews
Tybee Island, GA
Sundae Cafe
Sundae Cafe
1,712 Reviews
Tybee Island, GA
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
16,326 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dutton-Waller Cottage - Mermaid Cottages

It sounds great. Thanks for the trip report

Tybee Island...
Level Contributor
3 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dutton-Waller Cottage - Mermaid Cottages

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!!!!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dutton-Waller Cottage - Mermaid Cottages

Totally agree with GJ the cottage is great. I put together a bicycling trip with 10 close friends and we all stayed at the cottage. The cottage NOT Tybee became the attraction. We all loved lounging in the different rooms. The ability to walk for food was great. I think only two people went to the beach. The cottage was our focal center.

Mentioned in this post
Tybee Island
Tybee Island
Georgia Coast, GA
Augusta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dutton-Waller Cottage - Mermaid Cottages

I recently stayed at Doyles On The Dunes one of the Mermaid Cottages....it is on the dunes by the ocean. I was really impressed with all the parking. The house is old 1930........it would be a perfect spot if it had two full bathrooms. It has 1 1/2 bathrooms, a basement downstairs with 3 showers, one toilet,sink, and washer and dryer.I have also stayed at Memories a couple of streets back from the ocean. Mermaid Cottages are very nice family places to stay on Tybee Island.

Mentioned in this post
Tybee Island
Tybee Island
Georgia Coast, GA
5. Re: Dutton-Waller Cottage - Mermaid Cottages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 01, 2015