We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last trip, mom is 85!

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tennessee
Level Contributor
51 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Last trip, mom is 85!

Good morning to all the tybee island experts!

My mother loves Savannah and Tybee.. She has been a few times, but wants to make the trip one more time.. She is 85 years old and this is probably the last time she can make the long drive. She has never stayed in a Bed and Breakfast. I have looked at so many B and B's and can only find rooms with two beds in downtown Savannah, but only B and B on Tybee have one queen or one King..So, if we wanted to stay on the island instead of downtown Savannah, do you have any suggestions? Thank you in advance :)

Boston
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last trip, mom is 85!

Have you thought about renting a cottage on Tybee instead? There are many small cottages on the island that might suite your needs?

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,078 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last trip, mom is 85!

Here's a recent review of one of them -Coral Cottage

tripadvisor.com/…51779513

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last trip, mom is 85!

There are also houses and condos. I understand the thought behind a B&B, but a 2-3 bedroom condo on the beach might be a better option (and probably cheaper). I would base it on her decision, does she like Savannah because of the HD and all it has to offer, if so B&B in Savannah. Is it the beach/ocean that she loves, if so, condo on Tybee.

Idea: Assuming she still has most of her faculties, give her a couple of those disposable cameras that only require you to push the one button (they are like $5-6 at Walmart), and see what her eye finds important while she is there, and give yourself a lasting memory.

4. Re: Last trip, mom is 85!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island