We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging for Couple in Tybee

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Eastern Kentucky...
Level Contributor
247 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging for Couple in Tybee

My husband and I are leaning toward Tybee for our vacation at the end of August or first of September. We're looking for lodging for just the two of us that is oceanfront and has access to a pool. If it's close to restaurants --walking distance-- that would be great. Where would be a good place for us to stay?

Also, which end of the beach --north or south-- is preferable? Is the shipping channel on the north end?

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging for Couple in Tybee

Whattype of lodging are you looking for?

There is more going on at the south end of the island. Keep in mind Tybee is not but 2 or 3 miles long. To walk from one end to the other is not that hard.

John

Eastern Kentucky...
Level Contributor
247 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging for Couple in Tybee

John,

I'd prefer a condo or house, but I'd be open to a motel so long as it had rooms with kitchenettes and access to a laundry room.

As for walking, I'd have no issue with walking 2 miles, but my husband would have a cow!

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
257 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging for Couple in Tybee

Hi....I would highly recommend Tybrisa Resort on the south end of Tybee. It is a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom condo right across from the pier and very close to shopping and many restaurants. They have a very secure area and there is a pool on the property. www.tybrisa.com will give you much more info.

We've stayed at a few hotels and stuff like that, but always go back to Tybrisa.

Hope that helps a little

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging for Couple in Tybee

There are some nice B&B's at Tybee but most hotels are old and dated. Tybrisa is one of the better choices. I would stay in Savannah and make a day trip to Tybee.

Earth
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging for Couple in Tybee

I've had good experience and fun times renting vacation rental properties. Check what options TripAdvisor's vacation rentals show, or HomeAway, homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/…r6248 / VRBO rental websites. Good luck

6. Re: Lodging for Couple in Tybee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, March 06, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island