We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Got interesting message fr rental: are prices skyrocketing?

Gahanna, Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Got interesting message fr rental: are prices skyrocketing?

Hi all,

I just had an interesting experience via email from a rental owner who basically cited the influx of would-be gulf vacationers basically telling me to see much higher prices in rentals. Should I expect that and just skip a vaca all together?

I'm an educator, fiance's been laid off. We have flexible dates from now till end of September. We'd need a clean, pet friendly place to stay for 2 on a limited budget, but a needed couple's get away.

Any insights into either?

Traveling from Ohio

Saint Simons...
Level Contributor
696 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Got interesting message fr rental: are prices skyrocketing?

I don't think there will be any bargains this summer on the East Coast. I wouldn't think that rental owners will hike their prices at this time but all up and down the Eastern Seaboard there is an influx of tourists. We have seen it in the last few weeks here on St. Simons. We see Alabama and Texas tags on the increase. I have a friend in South Jersey who has seen an increase of tourists inquiring about places to stay. You can check the US forums on Tripadvisor and see the posts about staying on Tybee, St Simons, Jekyll, even Cape May NJ. So decide if you want a vacation and try to get the best price, don't wait.

Georgia
Level Contributor
100 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Got interesting message fr rental: are prices skyrocketing?

What is your budget? Sept. is considered mid season rates.

A dog friendly cottage will be $100-140 per night at the least on any coast.

Jekyll Island Hampton Inn after Labor Day as low as $109 advance purchase. Pet friendly...breakfast included.

Pets allowed limits your choice on any budget.

3. Re: Got interesting message fr rental: are prices skyrocketing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:55 am, January 05, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island
Recent Conversations