We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tybee Beach Bum Weekend

Atlanta
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Tybee Beach Bum Weekend

Is everyone as excited about this as I am?

Facebook Event:

www.facebook.com/album.php…

Will you be there?

athens, ga
Level Contributor
82 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tybee Beach Bum Weekend

We went every year for the last five years. However, we won't go this year. It just got a little too out of control for us last year (2008). It used to be great fun with everyone on the island playing and squirting water guns. The parade was great fun squirting water back and forth. But honestly there were so many out of control people there that I won't return with my kids. Some people just became ridiculously obnoxious: squirting little kids in the face, running around like maniacs, dodging in and out of cars in the parade. I really felt like there was about to be a fight any minute during the parade. We used to rave about it, but it's just not safe anymore in my opinion.

2. Re: Tybee Beach Bum Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, November 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island
Recent Conversations