We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mylie Cyrus movie

Thousand Oaks...
Level Contributor
597 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Mylie Cyrus movie

We are due in Tybee Island the early part of June. Heard a rumor that Mylie Cyrus is filming a new movie and it is suposed to be filmed at Tybee....Any one heard anything about this? If its true, how ridiculous do you think the wannabes and traffic will be? We are not familiar with the area at all, but seems like it is pretty small and don't want to get stuck in all the craziness. Thanks.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mylie Cyrus movie

It is true. I am not sure when they are suppose to film but it is this summer. I know they say they are going to be filming at the peir. I can only image that there will be a lot of vacations planned for that time so the young girls can get to see her. It was fuuny when they had it on the local news about the movie. All of the 11 to 13 year old girls planning on stalking the movie set.

You can search for WTOC tv's website or Savannahnow.com and search for the movie. They may be able to provide the dates the filmimng will take place.

Hopefully Tybee will be smart enough to keep this under controll. They need to take care of their standard tourist so they will return again. If they do not it will cost them in the long run.

John

Kentucky
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mylie Cyrus movie

Oh Boy. Does anyone know when this will happen? I haven't researched it yet but it sounds like things could get hectic for awhile.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mylie Cyrus movie

I was just looking on the website savannahnow.com. They started looking for local extras yesterday. On the website they do not give much information but they do state that filming will take place from mid june to mid august. The filming will be taking place around Savannah, Tybee and other surrounding areas. In the past when movies where filmed in Savannah they would be fairly localized when they filmed.

Right now I have not seen a detailed schedule for filming locations and days but I will bet they keep that guarded. You will be able to locate the filming by just watching for the crowd of young girls.

good luck

John

Tybee Island, GA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mylie Cyrus movie

Disney will be filming on Tybee Island this summer. The movie is titled "The Last Song" and will star Miley Cyrus and Greg Kinnear. They will only film on weekdays, no weekends and are working closely with the City of Tybee Island, City of Savannah, and the Savannah Film commission to make sure that everything goes as smoothly as possible. Filming will take place from mid-June to early to mid-August.

I would not expect anything to get crazy and would definitely not let this deter a vacation to our wonderful island. We have other stars who visit and some who own property on the island and are happy that we are able to maintain the laid-back character Tybee is known for.

That being said there will probably be a few star-watchers around hoping to catch a glimpse of Miley given her current popularity.

Thousand Oaks...
Level Contributor
597 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mylie Cyrus movie

Thanks for the comments. Can't wait to visit the island (with or without Mylie).

6. Re: Mylie Cyrus movie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:38 am, December 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island
Recent Conversations