We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adults Only Pet Friendly Tybee Island

Which Tybee Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester...
Level Contributor
81 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Adults Only Pet Friendly Tybee Island

If there is such a thing in Tybee! My husband and I are looking at going to tybee this august and we are in our late 40's children are grown and our only child is our dog whom we never travel without. any sugestions? Neither of us have ever been to Tybee island and have no clue where to start. we have nothing against children, but have gotten spoiled in panama city where we have found a little Inn that is small and very exclusive to adults

and their fur babies. Is there such a thing in Tybee?

Thanks so much,

Robi

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Adults Only Pet Friendly Tybee Island

Don't know of such a place, but you should know that dogs are not allowed on the beach.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
509 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adults Only Pet Friendly Tybee Island

I don't know any specific places to stay that would allow dogs, but possibly some of the cottage/condo rentals might. Tybee is a pretty laid-back place, so I would guess it would be pet friendly. However, you should also know that it is also kid friendly. No matter where you stay, there are bound to be kids.

As the previous poster stated, there are no pets allowed on the beach, and the police do patrol the beach.

A good source of info for accomodations on Tybee, facts about the island and beach rules is http://tybeevisit.com

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adults Only Pet Friendly Tybee Island

Tybee only has a handful of hotels/motels --- try Hilton Head SC instead -- nicer beach, less children --- and only 30-40 miles from savannah. Also look at dafuskie, jekyl, and cumberland islands. To stay in the savannah area, you will probbably have to book a B&B in town, away from the beach

4. Re: Adults Only Pet Friendly Tybee Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island