We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A place to stay!

missouri
2 posts
Save Topic
A place to stay!

Does anyone have any suggestions about a place to stay in Tybee? Through research I decided on the South part of the island, but curious if any decent price houses exist within walking distance of the ocean. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kim

Mentioned in this post
Tybee Island
Tybee Island
Georgia Coast, GA
atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A place to stay!

You can try vrbo.com to look for a house or condo -- there arent many options on Tybee (small island - less then 10 hotels last time i was there). If you arent impressed with your options on tybee, look at Hilton Head SC (30-40) miles away -- more hotels, and more "brand name hotels" that you can get a discount for through priceline or other travel sites.

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Head
Hilton Head
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Columbia SC
Level Contributor
3 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A place to stay!

I always love to stay at Atlantis Inn. It is a fun theme in - all the rooms have a different theme. We often stay in "Captains Quarters" which has a nautical theme, a kitchen, large dining area, HUGE television, nice living area and a great king size mattress. Some of the themes are fun, some are "normal". Best of all are the Inn owners, Mel & Natalie Gordon, who go out of their way to make sure you have a wonderful vacation. I highly recommend it.

Mentioned in this post
Atlantis Inn
Atlantis Inn
272 Reviews
Tybee Island, GA
3. Re: A place to stay!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, September 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island