We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle Service

DC
3 posts
Save Topic
Shuttle Service

Hi,

Friends and I are spending a weekend at Tybee Island and we are trying to decide how many cars we need to rent.

Is there a shuttle service from Tybee to Savannah International Airport? If so, does anyone know how much it costs?

Also is there a shuttle service from Tybee to the Historic District? If so how much does that cost?

Finally, how easy is it to find cabs in the area?

Thanks! Appreciate any info.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle Service

Unless it has just started, I am pretty sure that there isn't a shuttle service to Tybee. I don't think there are any taxis on the Island either. The cost of going back and forth into the Historic District by cab would go a long way towards renting a car.

Have you thought about renting a small van instead of more than one car?

DC
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle Service

Thanks for the info. I will look into vans. For a point of comparison, do you have an idea of about how much it would cost to take a taxi from Tybee to the Historic District?

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle Service

This is the web site for Yellow cab. It lists phone numbers and an e-mail address. Perhaps you could e-mail them and make arrangements. It would be a trip of about 20 miles.

If you don't have a car, how do you plan to get to Tybee? It's a 25.00 charge just from the airport into the Historic District.

4. Re: Shuttle Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tybee Island
Recent Conversations