We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why did the Lodge Close?

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
25 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Why did the Lodge Close?

When I finally found a phone # for the Talullah Falls Lodge (which has had great reviews), I called and the voice mail said the lodge closed for business in December. No other information. Does anyone know if it will re-open? It currently has no website and no e-mail.

3 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,462 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why did the Lodge Close?

Last fall when we were up that way I thought that it was open. Did not know that it was closed.

Hopefully one of the locals will give you some insight on what happened.

Mechanicsburg, PA
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why did the Lodge Close?

I just stumbled upon this on the www.lakerabunwaterfronthomes.com website...

Unfortunately The Lodge at Tallulah Falls closed late Fall of 2010. We are hopeful it will reopen as the economy imporves. Opened in August 2008, The Lodge at Tallulah Falls combines the detailed, personalized service and amenities of a country inn with the comfort, efficiency and technology of an upscale hotel.

Such a shame the way the economy is slowly killing our country.

Mechanicsburg, PA
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why did the Lodge Close?

I just stumbled upon this on the www.lakerabunwaterfronthomes.com website...

Unfortunately The Lodge at Tallulah Falls closed late Fall of 2010. We are hopeful it will reopen as the economy imporves. Opened in August 2008, The Lodge at Tallulah Falls combines the detailed, personalized service and amenities of a country inn with the comfort, efficiency and technology of an upscale hotel.

Such a shame the way the economy is slowly killing our country.

Reply to: Why did the Lodge Close?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tallulah Falls