We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route to Stone Mtn.

Which Stone Mountain hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
anniston al
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Best route to Stone Mtn.

Hi guys! I live in Alabama and we are heading to Six Flags this Sat. We always tend to leave Six Flags early enough to ride over and catch the Laser Show at Stone Mtn. The problem is, we ALWAYS end up getting lost! I was wondering if maybe some ATL folks could help me with the BEST route to Stone Mtn. from Six Flags. And how long do yall think it will take to get from Six Flags to Stone Mtn.? I know this is all depending on traffic. Thanks in advance guys!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route to Stone Mtn.

Since you're doing this on a Saturday, the traffic issue will probably be moot unless there is an accident. Stay tuned to 750 AM (WSB) for traffic reports.

I would take I-20 east, through the city, all the way to the east side of I-285. On weekdays, I wouldn't do it but you should be okay. Then take I-285 north to Hwy 78, and go east. You'll see signs for Stone Mountain. Don't take the Stone Mountain Village exit, that's a different place altogether.

I'm guessing it will take you a good 45 minutes to an hour to do this.