We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jekyll Island and St. Simon's Island

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
36 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Jekyll Island and St. Simon's Island

My husband and I are considering a 40th wedding anniversary trip to one of the islands in June. We've never been to either but love beaches and golf. Do you have recommendations for accommodations for a long weekend? We'd like to stay on or close to the beach. Thanks!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jekyll Island and St. Simon's Island

I don't know what your budget is but The Cloister at Sea Island is outstanding though it's expensive. The King and Prince at St. Simon's Island is on the beach and it's reasonable. The Jekyll Island Club is outstanding but it's expensive. I hope you have a great trip.

The Cloister @ 100 First Street, Sea Island Island, GA 888 - 732 - 4752.

http://www.seaisland.com/Content/16.htm

http://www.kingandprince.com/

Edited: 2:09 pm, May 07, 2011
Saint Simons...
Level Contributor
696 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jekyll Island and St. Simon's Island

I saw you made two postings, but I will say that Jekyll Island, Saint Simons Island and Sea Island are very distinct. Jekyll Island is an historic island and a natural environmental island. There are tons of bike paths everywhere, and a historic district where the industrial giants of the turn of the century had hunting lodges. However Jekyll Island is going through a big change and this summer there will be construction on the Island. That is not to say that you will be inconvienced but it is an issue. It is very laid back and the accommodations are in the moderate range. The new Hampton Inn is a good bet. Jekyll Island Club is great but you can stay at the Hampton Inn and enjoy the food at the Jekyll Island Club. We love the Sunday Brunch there. Now, Saint Simons Island and Sea Island are ajoined by a causeway. When you come to Sea Island, you have to travel through Saint Simons Island. Sea Island has gone through many changes recently but their main resort at the Cloisters is very much still intact. It is very expensive. I would recommend the Ocean Lodge on Saint Simons Island for your Anniversary. It is very quaint, and romantic. You can eat at our local restaurants like, Delaneys, or Georgia Sea Grill. Coming from Texas you will be use to the heat but be prepared for the humidity and heat. Bring hats, suncreen, bug spray, and lots of love for our Live Oaks and spanish moss. Also Christ Church with its sense of history. If you have any other questions please ask

3. Re: Jekyll Island and St. Simon's Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, October 01, 2012