We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too hot in July? and Quest. about The Cloisters

woodbridge,va
Level Contributor
592 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Too hot in July? and Quest. about The Cloisters

Thinking of coming for a 5 day stay in mid July to celebrate my 40th birthday. We have been to Fl that time and are from VA so I know it will be hot and humid but will it be unbearable? We will have our infant son too,who will be 8mths old. We're looking at staying at the Cloisters but the only rooms available are in the Cloisters lowest grade or Beach club ,again lowest grade(are these ok?) . We've stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Naples FL and others so we are kind of looking for this kind of laid back elegance-I really enjoy the southern architecture and food.Is the property friendly for an infant?(mostly want to relax pool or beach side and maybe shop some and dine in Savannah-how close is it?) Thank you for all responses and any other help/suggestions you can offer.

Georgia
Level Contributor
12 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too hot in July? and Quest. about The Cloisters

Yes it will be hot and humid in July but it's bearable! The Cloister is a family friendly hotel with LOTS for the children to do. You can't go wrong there. Savannah is only an hour away which offers good food and shopping too. St. Simons is a great little island with history, shopping, beaches and good food. You'll have a good 40th birthday here.

2. Re: Too hot in July? and Quest. about The Cloisters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 01, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Saint Simons Island