We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 girls, 1 island

Which Saint Simons Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
3 posts
Save Topic
12 girls, 1 island

I hate to call this a bachelorette weekend, but that's exactly what it is... however, we're mostly looking to relax, enjoy the sun and the character of St. Simons. But of course, we want to hit all the great restaurants and night life spots. We'll be there April 8 - April 11 - we've rented a great house w/ pool. After reading thru most of the forums and trying to pick out the best of the best, I'm looking for feedback on the agenda I've planned:

Thursday, 4.8:

Everyone arrives, hangout at the house/pool, cook at the rental house, drop by the Pub at Village Inn for drinks/live music

Friday, 4.9:

Am - Golfing.

Afternoon - Lunch at Crabdaddys, bike rentals

PM - Dinner at Bennie's Red Barn, drinks at Ziggy's afterward. And then maybe hit up Rafters and Brogens (this is our "big night out", we want to start dinner at a good place, but somewhere we can be a little bit loud and obnoxious - so please advise)

Saturday, 4.10:

Breakfast at 4th of May

Afternoon - Lunch at the house, pool/beach it/rent ocean kayaks

PM - Dinner at the house or maybe Blackwater Grill.. potentially hit Brogens or Rafters if we don't make it there the night before.

Sunday, 4.11:

early lunch at Barbara Jeans before leaving

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,791 posts
1,150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 girls, 1 island

i think the pub at village inn is on jekyl island, about 10 miles form st simmons.

Saint Simons...
Level Contributor
688 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 girls, 1 island

Your trip sounds like alot of fun. A few things that I would ask about though. Where are you playing golf? Some courses are better than others. Crabdaddys isn't open for lunch, but I would go there for dinner over Bennie's Red Barn. Blackwater Grill is nice and casual, they have good service and specialize in Cajun/ Louisiana type food. If the weather is iffy you might think about driving over to Jekyll Island and go to the Jekyll Island Club for lunch or maybe Crane's Cottage. It's a very interesting, historic area on the island just south of St Simons. The Village Inn is on St Simons and the Pub has music on Thursday night. The group is usually "The Three of Us" and very entertaining. Bill is the lead in the group. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,426 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 girls, 1 island

Plan on arriving early at Barbara Jean's. It will be plenty crowded.

Indiana
Level Contributor
936 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 12 girls, 1 island

Thanks for the headsup. Now I know were not to go to avoid a bunch of loud obnoxious women. LOL. Have a great time.

daytona beach , fl
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: 12 girls, 1 island

dear bachelorettes , sounds great ! nice plan the only change i would make is for 2 reasons on friday! I would NOT DINE at bennies red barn unless you are a fat old man for a big steak its kind of outdated and ziggy s is NO LONGER NEXT DOOR. So for that reason a better plan is to get a cab or walk to the village and have a great and affordable dinner at IGUANAS in the village. Its number one restaurant and i used to work there when i lived there. So its also next to rafters and murphys and brogens and the same people now own rafters and iguanas and are the best guys on the island for fun and hospitality and i was a bartender there at iguanas we were like the bachelorette party capital of se ga lol i swear it. so they know fun!!! and great seafood and sands and steaks crablegs ummm the ribeye and crab legs the best and you check out the reviews you can drink eat party play and people watch on the outside covered porch and have all the fun you want ! much more laid back and fun then bennies . !!! if you still wanted to hit ziggys at some point its a short cab ride there and back and jepter will take care of getting that for ya!!! sincerely ryan aka rydoggggg@hotmail.com and ps single guy here who know s how to have fun on ssi so let me know what ya thought ! thanks ry and fyi thurs at pub at village inn awesome start too

NYC
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 12 girls, 1 island

Wow - appreciate all the responses!

Sounds like I have a good agenda with a few tweaks.

We'll stick to the plan on Thursday night and we'll hit up The Village Inn after dinner at the house.

Friday (I'm not sure where the golfing is taking place) but maybe we'll just make lunch at the house that day.. And then change up our dinner location on Friday night, Iguanas sounds good.

Saturday - it sounds like we should hit up Blackwater Grill instead of eating in!

And we'll be sure to get to Barbara Jean's early on Sunday.

Really appreciate it!

Saint Simons...
Level Contributor
688 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 12 girls, 1 island

If you do play golf. I would definitely recommend the King and Prince Course at the Hampton Club over Sea Palms. Have a great trip.

8. Re: 12 girls, 1 island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, September 14, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Saint Simons Island